Verizon S3 OTA Update Wish ListGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Funnyusername

Funnyusername Well-Known Member

You really think that this phone is never going to get Jelly Bean? I think you are very wrong.

Advertisement
  2. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

im talking about the next OTA...it isn't going to be JB...no way
  3. Funnyusername

I completely agree with that statement. :) I don't care about any update until its JB.
  4. Metfanant

good luck...because we will have AT LEAST one before the JB update
  5. Funnyusername

I am hoping because OS fragmentation is one of Androids biggest downsides, that Samsung and Verizon will really make an effort to get JB on their flagship phone before 2013. If they can roll out JB to the S3 in Q4 that would be a success in my book.
  6. Jer39

Jer39 Member

This is a great phone that I can't stop playing with. But of course it's not perfect. SO, since this a thread about where it can improve, here goes:

-Close the gap between S-Voice and the Android Jelly Bean voice functions

-S-beam should work with all NFC capable devices and not just sgs3's

-Better battery control when on standby in marginal reception areas

-Stop overheating when the phone is downloading (not sure if this even can be fixed by OTA)

-Wifi in the toggle bar

-Brightness control immediately below the toggle bar

-LED should allow for many more types of notifications and should allow you to customize the color and cadence of each notification type (ie text, email, Google chat, calendar appointment, voice mail, etc). Yes, I'm aware of the Lightflow app, but it hasn't been modified to work as it should with the American sgs3's yet and ultimately we shouldn't need to rely on an outside app for this

-Eliminate weird screen flashing

-Text on web pages should automatically adjust to fit the screen when you pinch to zoom. Unbelievable that I am struggling at times to read from the browser on a phone this big.

-Less lag, freezing and stuttering (after all I read about how great the processor and 2gb of RAM were, I'm surprised my phone has already frozen up a few times).
  7. Jer39

Jer39 Member

Sorry about those early typos... Forgot to proof read before hitting send!
  8. Funnyusername

Hit the edit button. :)
    Jer39 likes this.
  9. cmybliss

cmybliss Well-Known Member

Agreed. The flashing screen is my biggest pet peve by far. It's very distracting.
  10. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

This put a band-aid on the wound so to speak, but the Wi -Fi pop ups before playing a game / lauching an app are very annoying.
  11. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

• Wifi and other toggles in the notification area.
    • Jelly bean please.
    • Fix the auto-brightness so it works better. Right now it constantly is changing to the point I had to turn auto brightness off.
    • Make the microphone a bit more sensitive. Seems like I have to yell a lot to get it to hear me.
    • When I unplug my phone from a power source it turns the screen on. Why does it do this? It shouldn't as I didn't tell it to turn itself on.
  12. RedStorm

RedStorm Well-Known Member

+1 and +1

I would also like to have a predictive text bar when typing, with the option to click on a word to manually insert it, instead of it automatically putting it in for you
  13. Jer39

Jer39 Member

If you un-check the "notify me" box in Wifi settings will this eliminate the annoying pop ups? I'd think it would but haven't tested it out yet.
  14. treb1797

It is unchecked. This is one of the issues everyone is talking about, phone is not recognizing that the box is unchecked.
  15. Jer39

Jer39 Member

I gave up on the Samsung stock keyboard two generations ago (with the Fascinate). In my mind, Swiftkey completely dominates it and is one of those "download immediately" apps for this phone.
  16. treb1797

Speaking of keyboards, do we really need this to show up in the top left hand corner when using the keyboard. What bothers me the most is that sometimes it stays up there even after I'm no longer using the keyboard. Picky picky picky I know.
  17. Funnyusername

Does that icon show up on the stock keyboard or a 3rd party keyboard? I have that too and I thought it was Just Swiftkey. It really bothered me at first but I have trained myself to just ignore it. Are they just making it easier for people to switch input methods? Kinda annoying.
  18. treb1797

On both. I've been using the stock keyboard b/c it's not that bad to me, but downloaded Swiftkey thinking it might go away & no dice. :ditto:
  19. droblyer

droblyer Well-Known Member

Faster switching between 4g,3g, and 1x. I have no data in between switches which are painfully slow sometimes.

Wifi dropping issues. The suggested "fixes" aren't working for me.

When using the stock music player over bluetooth the connection drops randomly then reconnects. While streaming Pandora via bluetooth it works flawless.
  20. psuperman112

psuperman112 Member

I was super annoyed with this, I downloaded GO SMS Pro (free app) that has a setting to get rid of this. The app was a pleasant surprise to me btw (tons o futures and allows you to send/receive the iphone emoticons).
  21. ScootD

ScootD Active Member

1) Wifi toggle in the power toggle section of the notification pane like every other S3 asside from vzw version
    2) Option to eliminate annoying wifi pop-up reminder
    3) Where the "additional apps" so I can download the samsung photo editor, flipbook, etc? It seems there's a samsung apps application where you can download these additional applications on the other versions but not the vzw one. Maybe I missed something but I'm surprised I haven't read more people complaining that this is missing as a few of those additional apps as supposed to be pretty nice (like the photo editor). Ok, so if you go to samsungapps.com you can download the Samsung app store and can get the photo and video editor for free from there.
    4) Better battery life is always a bonus. I'm lucky if I get from 6AM to midnight and still have 20% battery left. I'm in a good coverage area blanketed with 4G.
    5) Some stock non-crappy ringtones and notification tones. I know I can download some but seriously why sell a phone without a ringtone that even resembles a phone. I really didn't want to have to spend time searching, downloading, and transferring a normal sounding ringtone to a PHONE.
    6) enable fm radio
  22. phillysdon04

phillysdon04 Member

Faster S Voice
    Show multiple pictures when MMS is recieved, not the play button.
    While the power save mode is checked, the notification shouldn't pop up until our battery is low.
  23. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

Did I miss it, or did no one really ask for the option to disable stock camera shutter sound?
    (seems like most of my other wants have already been covered)
  24. Justaddh30

Justaddh30 Member

If you use the volume rocker to mute the phone before entering the camera there will be no shutter sound
  25. Metfanant

^^^this is a true story^^^ my phone is ALWAYS on vibrate so i never noticed the shutter sound before lol