Verizon S4 Pre-orders begin 4/25 - Release 5/30 [ UPDATED:release date changed to 5/23 ]General

Last Updated:

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Correct. The rub is Samsung publicly stated the lack of app storage was an easy fix with an sd card. That along with carriers willingly pushing misinformation is the issue. Such false propogation only serves to abate pushback from customers on the lack of 32gb models. Which is perhaps the point of it. That sounds quite scandalous! ;)

Either that or systemically lazy ignorance.

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Frank. :wavey: I merged your thread with the thread for Verizon orders. :) Sorry for any confusion.
  3. FrankP999

FrankP999 Member

Thanks,

Frank
  4. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

most customers won't care. for most customers 9gb of app space will be more than they'll ever need. it seems only the small percentage of overall customers in the bubble of forums are impacted. by the semantics game.

expert semantics by samsung. app space can technically be freed up by moving media and files from internal memory to sd card. so technically they can claim to be correct in saying it is an easy fix with an sd card.

mods - perhaps we can now merge this thread with the 32gb thread discussion? :D
  5. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I agree most people won't care but technically no you cannot free up space that way if the people already put their music and pictures on the sd card.

You get 9 gbs for apps and that's it.
  6. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

if they have the media on internal memory then technically you can. again...semantics.

by the way, i'm by no means advocating for samsung. personally i think they made a mistake in not just coming out and saying that internal storage is what it is and with the addition of the sd card the vast majority of s4 owners will never experience shortage of space for apps. they should have head this off at the pass a long time ago instead of letting it grow into a potentially damaging situation.
  7. rushmore

I do not agree that it is a small percent of people only in the forums, since by premise of a bubble, a bubble is a small sample of the population. The issue is bigger than the forums by mathematical default and without any need to exaggerate with an exponential extrapolation. I prefer polynomials, since tends to have less regressive based bias :)

Added:

Sales mix of the S3 32Gb ranged from 10% to 15%, so just from that and the less storage of the S4 and app size growth (and content and OEM marketing of 3D games)- it has to be higher than that now. Going by pur apparent "knowns", my guess is the impact in a few months is up to 25%, since will take time for some to start the app juggling and others to appreciate they were duped about putting apps on the sd card. Why have a fancy chipset device and push high data content if you can not use it? That will be some folks practical conclusion, but the issue would be reduced by offering larger storage models.

Added 2:

Weighted impact will probably be 15%, since even though some bought the 32GB, that does not mean all used the storage.
  8. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

i highly doubt 25% of users will have space problems. the real world stats from the playstore don't support the sentiment most people are purchasing and using space intensive apps.

you also assume that most people who purchased a 32gb device actually needed that much space or needed that much space for apps.

google and the manufacturers might have better info than us?
  9. rushmore

I caught that and pointed that out in an add before you posted. As far as customer pushback at a significant level, we shall see......... ........ ... .. .
  10. FrankP999

FrankP999 Member

I just received an email from Verizon saying "Great News Your Galaxy S4 will arrive early." It said it "is now shipping by 5/23". My credit card has not been charged yet.
  11. onefortheroad

onefortheroad New Member

My card was charged this morning. So we shall see!
  12. chris2k5

chris2k5 Well-Known Member

I just called a store and they said it is arriving 23rd. They said I can just pick one up in the morning when the store opens. Full retail as well.
  13. FrankP999

FrankP999 Member

My credit card was charged Friday afternoon. Verizon "status check" page at Order Status | Verizon Wireless does not have a tracking number yet. Yipee!

Frank
  14. Wolfedude88

My card has been charged and my order status has says tracking number, but no tracking number yet.
  15. Coolhands

Coolhands Active Member

Mine just says "Expected Ship Date: 05/23/2013"
    Hopefully I will receive a tracking number soon... Can't wait!
  16. MBM7881

MBM7881 Well-Known Member

My cc was charged today too! I'm excited
  17. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

I got my notice this morning that my S4 shipped early; (for verizon , that is...)
  18. Wolfedude88

inb4 Rushmore brings up lack of 32gb or not enough space. lol jk Rushmore.

Mine has shipped as well. It has estimated delivery of Wednesday 5/22/2013 by 4:30pm, picked up Memphis, Tennessee. Now it just needs to make its way to Indiana.
    rushmore likes this.
  19. pequeajim

You know what sucks, it is in transit and landed 5 minutes away from me. Now it's going to be shipped to a location an hour away before it comes back and gets delivered on Tuesday. Had I known this I would have call Fedex in the neighboring town and picked the S4 up today!
  20. pequeajim

Either way, getting here on Tuesday is way before I expected it when I
    pre-ordered the phone. :)
  21. Awong305

Awong305 New Member

verizon withdrew the money yet when i check the status it says "We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet" damn i hope i get the phone soon
  22. Mysterio2525

Mysterio2525 Member

credit card charged and Now I have a tracking number!!!! it says estimated delivery date 5/22 4:30pm!!!! i am getting pumped!
  23. Mysterio2525

Mysterio2525 Member

My status changed and i got a tracking number. hopefully in chicago sooner than 5/22 because i want my phone asap! Maybe greedy but who cares!
  24. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member

My payment went through, but I just have "Will Ship by 5/23"
  25. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Verizon it shipped thread merged with Verizon order thread. Congrats on your new phone shipping. :) I know its exciting! :D
    drpotter2807 likes this.