• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help verizon s5, how to downgrade back to kit kat

boatman

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
so upgrading to lolipop has dramatically decreased my battery life. I am not sure i need to change settings after the upgrade, but basically in kit kat i had all radios (wifi, bt, gps, lte etc) turned on all the time. I don't have apps upgrading ever, just manually. I am not a heavy user, at 7pm i had between 55 and 65% left, and even if i didn't charge at night, the next morning i was at 10% minimum.

in the last 3 days, at night now i am at least 20% less, pretty sure it won't go 24 hours.

Lolipop has nothing better for me so far than kit kat, is there a simple way to go back to verizon stock kit kat? thanks.

I just registered there with SamMobile and I am now downloading every version that was made our our S5 on Verizon.

Gonna be a while, with my Super Fast ADSL line, it takes 1 hour per file.
MacroDroid can help extend battery life
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones