1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Verizon says TB will get ICS soon! (January 2013 article)General

1. roytheodd

roytheodd Member

Android Police is reporting that Verizon is going to finally give Thunderbolts ICS. LINK

Too little, too late. My next phone is a Nexus.

Advertisement
  2. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

Better late than never, I suppose. I'm glad my TBolt will have this update before I leave it behind for the N4. I did read this on Verizon's info page and I was shocked: Verizon Apps, Blockbuster, Rhapsody, Verizon Video and Mobile IM app have been removed. I wonder how that came to pass. I guess I won't need to deactivate these from the apps manager! LOL

Here's a link to Verizon's official page on the update: http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

4. mjs518

mjs518 Member

[IQUOTE
    Too little, too late. My next phone is a Nexus.[/QUOTE]

Nexus 4 looks like a great phone. But does it support the 4glte network from Verizon?
  5. slimjoe

slimjoe Well-Known Member

Same. I've already moved on to the GNex (flashed with CM 10 and waiting for a stable 10.1) and I'm turning the Tbolt into a GPS logger when I'm on the move shooting (with my camera so that way I can geotag all my shots).

Good to hear that HTC followed through though.
  6. Treknologist

It does not. I will support T-Mobile's LTE network if it gets a software update to activate the feature.
  7. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Not seeing the update yet on my TB.
  8. Laker8Magic1

Laker8Magic1 Member

Has anyone had any luck pulling this update down?
  9. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

My phone says 2.11.605.19 71ORD

No update available.
  10. Treknologist

Not available yet, it appears. Soon, hopefully.
  11. davidk326

davidk326 New Member

Was checking update... Getting it now.
  12. Mayhem

:rock:

Looks like I need to find the vanilla GB RUU and install it. I just hope that there's a leak of the RUU and that someone from BAMF is still willing to create a ROM based off of it. Given that they didn't make one from the leak back in August, I'm not holding my breath.
  13. dwbrewer

dwbrewer Active Member

Downloading update in Atlanta right now.
  14. Laker8Magic1

Laker8Magic1 Member

Downloading outside of Harrisburg now
  15. dwbrewer

dwbrewer Active Member

Loaded and updating apps. No problems yet:)
  16. davidk326

davidk326 New Member

Updated... running ics now. seems pretty smooth after everything syncs. too early to tell if battery life is affected.. one thing i noticed was that I was getting intermittent network drops before the update, especially when in facebook, but I dont see them now which may be an indication that the drops are fixed.. Removed some annoying VZ bloatware, but not all of it. Can long press home button and swipe apps and updated gmail to swipe to delete.

Otherwise, looks like ICS....
  17. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

just hope someone pulls the OTA before installing and we get a rooted stock OTA deodexed for the rooted folks...
  18. Mayhem

Me too. I hesitate to un-root just to get the OTA..
  19. Treknologist

Downloaded and ran the update already. I seem to have a problem with the calendar widget. Not showing up, for some reason. Anyone else noticing a problem with the calendar widgets?

Edit: No longer a problem. I think the sync is not finished yet and that's why they weren't showing up.
  20. quest7

quest7 Well-Known Member

Downloaded it and my phone seems slower.
  21. roytheodd

roytheodd Member

No, not the current one, but my contract expires in May and I'm hoping there will be new news then.

Also, I got the ICS update. At first it didn
  22. droidsmurf

droidsmurf Active Member

Installing now....anticipation....
  23. shieldsdb

shieldsdb New Member

Installed a few minutes ago. Install went smooth. Now the phone is almost a brick. I am doing a hard reset as we speak.
  24. Treknologist

My phone was very slow for about 20 minutes after the install as it seemed to be doing updates and synchronizations. After that was all done, it began running smoothly and without issues. I wonder if that was what you were experiencing.
  25. ryank262

ryank262 Active Member

Well ironically I'm eligible for an upgrade today 2/5/13 and of course Verizon finally releases ICS... haha oh verizon you bastards... I think I'll stick with the thunderbolt for a while