Verizon says the 2.1 OTA is still going outGeneral

Last Updated:

1. braddyg

braddyg New Member This Topic's Starter

I just saw a tweet from @VZWSupport last night that told someone the update was still being sent out, so I asked if it was still being sent out. Their response:

@braddyg As of today it is still being rolled out. *ZC

Now, we all know ZC is the fool that told everyone to download the G1 ROM to downgrade to 1.5, but could he (she) be right?

Advertisement
  2. zutmin

zutmin Well-Known Member

ZC is a TOOL. Nuff said

3. braddyg

You are right, but ZC isn't the one who originally tweeted last night that the update was still being rolled out. This was from last night around 7pm ET:

@Young_Bookie I understand your concern. The eris update is still being sent out. *AN

4. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Lies! Lies!

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Of course it is still being sent out. If you either downgrade your phone to 1.5, get a replacement with 1.5, or were out of the country and had your phone powered off for the last few weeks, (and, of course, you did not install a leak) it will still need to be updated. I imagine it will be perpetually available to any phone with 1.5 that activates on Verizon's network.

6. braddyg

That makes sense, of course, but the reply was to someone who said he still hadn't gotten the update on his Eris. You'd think the support rep would ask if he was running the leak or if he had a new phone, been out of the country, etc. instead of just saying it was still being sent out.

7. Boulder257

Boulder257 Well-Known Member

My wife is on stock 1.5 and has still not received the update. So, it stands to reason that it is still being rolled out. Furthermore, anyone who thinks Verizon can stick to an original schedule is probably fooling themselves a bit. If they said it would be done by 5/26 chances are it may take a little longer with their track record.

I am a STRONG Verizon supporter, but they do tend to be overconfident/optimistic on schedules.

8. Medic005

Medic005 Well-Known Member

I got an email from VZW on Tuesday stating that the OTA was sent ot my phone, but never got an update notification on my phone, I'm running the 2.1v3 leak and no OTA for me yet...

9. snyluc13

snyluc13 Member

Really? Can we see a copy of that email? Not being snide or rude, i am on the leak as well.

10. braddyg

I got that email too, but it just says that you need to check your notifications to see the system update. It's just telling us that Verizon has already sent the OTA to our phones, but we haven't accepted it yet (because we can't). It's just more proof that leakers can't get the OTA.

11. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

You haven't heard yet? :eek:

No OTA ever for leakers.

12. bottlecap

bottlecap Well-Known Member

So is it possible to downgrade to 1.5 the get the OTA?

13. plugnpl4y

plugnpl4y Well-Known Member

Not really. I believe those who wish to have a 1.5 Eris have been returning them for a refurb and playing the lottery to see what they're given.

14. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

yes, the 1.5 to 2.1 OTA will be perpetually rolling out, almost forever. if you get a new eris 3 months from now that somehow has 1.5 on it, when you activate it you will be prompted to update.

15. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

Most people are sending them back, but the truth is v3 is the same as the OTA, so unless you absolutely feel the need to root or something, it's not really a big deal. It's *possible* the devs here will root the leak anyhow...

16. Medic005

Medic005 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Greek

Greek Active Member

Thought this was pretty good.... (off the VZWSupport twitter)

@VZWSupport I understood that the official 2.1 OTA for Droid Erises that have a leaked 2.1 on them would begin rolling out on May 24. True? about 1 hour ago via Seesmic in reply to VZWSupport

@wcramernc That is correct and the OTA is still being sent out. *AN about 1 hour ago via web in reply to wcramernc

Response to some other guy right after that......

@vzwsupport Are the Eris leakers still not getting the official 2.1 or has that changed since the roll out is still going on? about 1 hour ago via web

@bsutton01 We only guarantee OTA to users with prior approved software.

Good stuff. lol

18. teleburst

teleburst Well-Known Member

I got that email a couple of days ago as well, but my phone has been upgraded to 2.1 for a couple of weeks (I did it a day after I got it in the mail).

So it's not just for those who haven't accepted it yet.