Verizon screen protectors do not fit!!!

Last Updated:

1. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Went to Verizon today and bought the Moto Droid screen protectors and when I went to put one on it was too wide. Not by much but wide enough to leave enough of a lip to let it catch on a pocket. Tried to adjust it several times but had the same issue no matter which side I tried it on.

Opened up the second one and had the same problem.

Opened up the third one and it fit like a glove. Perfect on all sides and corners.

So, $13 for one sreen protector????

I called the store and told them what had happened and she said that that has been a problem with them. That I could exchange them. My wife took it up there on her way to Party City and after waiting for 30 minutes they told her they were made to fit the Droid and she could not exchange them.

I cant wait til tomorrow to go talk to them myself!!!!!

Anyone else had this issue?

Advertisement
  2. rich_r

rich_r Active Member

No problems with mine - but maybe I was lucky. I took one out of the pack and it fit perfectly. Did not look at the other two.

However, I have been less than pleased with these screen protectors. I have had mine for about a week and it has little scratches all over it. The screen itself is glass and won't scratch - I'm reconsidering the use of a screen protector at all.

3. OverDroided

OverDroided Member

I bought the same protectors and the first one I put on fit perfectly, but now you have me wondering about the other two.

4. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

Mine fit fine but I have taken it off now. Since it is a capacitive touch screen and I do not carry it in my pocket, I am not too worried about it... just hope I don't drop it! :eek:

5. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

my screen protectors did not fit either. they were just a tit bit too big, causing one edge to be raised so it looked like a big bubble. i tried all three but couldnt get any too fit :/

6. Ed131313

Ed131313 Active Member

I thought they sucked anyway. Worth the 20.00 to buy one from ZAGG. I got mine for 20% off at Droid Screen Protector The coupon was on the site. I've used their products on 2 other phones and it worked out great

7. fehhkk

fehhkk Member

Yeah, they are garbage, don't waste your money. Wish I hadn't, but at least it's protecting the screen somehow.

8. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I got some of the Verizon ones for my Storm about 6 months ago and I am still on the first one and felt they were a good investment. When I ordered my Droid I had them throw some for my Droid in the shipment.

Worst protectors ever. They are flared up all along the right side and will not lay flat leaving and permanent air bubble along the right side and 3/4 of the top as well. I never tried the other 2. Also they just dont stay stuck to the screen on the good side either , crap.

I had heard about Verizon sending out 'free' replacements to other people or just giving your account a credit for them so I called Verizon and politely explained the situation and she told me I could mail them back and they would "inspect" them and send out replacements. So I said what am I supposed to use in the meantime? Who cares right....

Anyways I ended up ordering a Phantom Skinz and swapping out the faulty protectors and called Verizon today to ask if I am supposed to just throw them in an envelope and slap a stamp on it or what? But this time the guy was really nice, appologized for the inconvinience and send me out some replacements with 2nd day shipping.

Only problem is now Idont need em'! lol

9. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

Ditto. Mine didn't fit either. Might take them with me to the VZW store when I go look at pouches this weekend and see if they'll refund my money!

10. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

Dunno what you're all bitching about.

Mine are perfect. Best $13 I spent.

11. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

LOL . Next time read the thread before you post.