Verizon sending replacement phone after wifi problems

Last Updated:

1. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I spent an hour on the phone with a Verizon CSR and he could not get wifi to work on my DX, so he said they will send a new replacement on 8/3.

He instructed me to do a factory reset, so it looks like I lost all my data. I really wish I would have backed up my contacts, but he said they would sync back up within an hour. I hope he's right because I don't want to bluetooth them again ONE BY ONE. Can anybody confirm the gmail sync?

I lost all my texts and apps too. I'm pretty sure I read that if I had used appbrain I wouldn't have lost all my apps. But, I don't know if there's a way to back up texts.

Advertisement
  2. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member

Contacts synced with gmail should be saved in your gmail account and should come right back.

I don't know anything about apps in android, as i'm on my first android phone

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

any contacts you have synced with gmail will sync back and only paid apps will show back up you will have to download the rest again

4. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

If you used appbrain I think your still have a list of your apps and all you have to do is check them all to re download. It may be a liitle more complicated than that but at least you won't have to remember them all. I would recommend getting something to backup your apps. Astro is a popular file manager that also has an apps backup or there are several good dedicated backup apps in the market. They save lots of time if you ever have to start from scratch.

5. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

If you used appbrain I think your still have a list of your apps and all you have to do is check them all to re download. It may be a liitle more complicated than that but at least you won't have to remember them all. I would recommend getting something to backup your apps. Astro is a popular file manager that also has an apps backup or there are several good dedicated backup apps in the market. They save lots of time if you ever have to start from scratch.

6. sparky07

Sync was checked in the menu, but the contacts still haven't synced yet. How much time does it ususally take?

7. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

How exactly would I know if wifi is working on my phone?? How did you find out??

8. sparky07

Hook up to a wireless router or wifi spot. The 3G symbol will go away and another set of signal bars will be shown if you are connected. Then connect to the net with your browser.

9. Davoo

Davoo Active Member

10. sparky07

I have a Netgear WPN824. I am logged in to the router, but cannot find this setting.

11. Davoo

Davoo Active Member

I have a netgear as well, although a different model. After logging onto the router it is on the right side of the page: setup > wireless settings then under wireless network > mode (drop-down), set it to 54mbps.

12. sparky07

Here are my choices under mode:
    b only
    g only
    b and g
    Auto 108Mbps

So far I have tried b and g & Auto 108Mbps

Any ideas?