Verizon site now as Incredible sold out till May 7thGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Trojita

Trojita Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm glad I ordered it when I did :D

Advertisement
  2. nekoki

nekoki Well-Known Member

It was May 4th earlier today when I looked. Dang.

3. ATP

ATP Member

I talked to a CSR this evening, I said "I heard that your sold out and she said hmm let me check, no still have 21,000 left" The website must just be preparing those in the future for a delay. That was about 5 central.

4. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Thhis morning @ 5 am central time the website said "will ship by 5/4". I called @ noon and the csr took my order it will be here tomarrow before 3 pm.

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I walked in the store this morning and bought one so im sure many stores still have some left.

6. Brad52

Brad52 Member

I walked into a store at 6pm and bought one, so there is definitely no in store shortage, said they started the day with 35 but got another shipment in midday, they weren't sure how many they had left. I also got a 2gb card with it, but not until I asked (he said he forgot but I wonder if they are not worrying about it if it's not mentioned) They said in store demand for this has been pretty high, so maybe they just want to set expectations low for shipping online just incase they develop shortages

7. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

I just ordered one off bestbuy a few hours ago that sucks for people who preordered though

8. AmIToDirty

AmIToDirty Member

Wirefly has the phone at $149.00 and seems to be in stock there.

9. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Yeah but the one-time $28.00 activation fee blows.

10. lump

lump Active Member

I ordered late last night & was told about May 7, but I just received Fedex tracking & the phone is scheduled for delivery this Monday the 3rd.

11. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

They can't be out of stock because I received my Incredible yesterday and it had a couple of small pieces of lint under the glass that shows up on lighter backgrounds. I called VZW and they immediately shipped me out a new Incredible. I am already tracking it via FedEx, scheduled to get here on Monday.

The only difference this time is that my original Inc came from the Ontario, California hub and I live in San Diego. So that hub made sense in relation to where I live. This new one is coming from the Pennsylvania hub. So maybe just the California hub is currently out of stock?

12. lump

lump Active Member

Nope, mine was picked up this morning from Ontario.

13. XxICEMAN720xX

XxICEMAN720xX Well-Known Member

you can blame Steve Jobs for the delay... /salute

14. LJSquishy

LJSquishy Member

My husband ordered our 2 Incredibles yesterday evening around 4pm pacific time, and the phone rep said they will arrive Monday or Tuesday (May 3-4). I believe Verizon uses FedEx which I don't think ships on weekends so that would be the reason for any delay more than 24hrs.

15. lump

lump Active Member

New orders are getting pushed out further...

Due to high demand, this device will ship by 5/14

16. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

Damn htc is making some serious cash right now..i heard the nexus one sold out somewhere else as well.. im waiting for my incredible outside right now cant wait

17. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

You also have to realize that its not just demand, it may also be supply. If a company makes a very limited amount of devices, then it will sell out quick regardless of how the demand is (assuming there is moderate desire from consumers). So no, that does not necessarily mean HTC is making a killing (not saying their not making money either though), but you have to look at the bigger picture. If HTC made an officially announcement saying they made a billion devices AND ALL were sold out, then yes they'd cash in. However, no one knows the true supply, which has alot to do in portraying the demand. This may even be a marketing strategy, as making a phone seem more desirable than it really is (not saying this is the case) will make more people want it

18. headyorganic

headyorganic Member

Can anyone give further reports of verizon store supplies of the droid incredible? I'm looking to pick one up at the end of this week in MD. Any eye-witnesses of well stocked retails stores?

19. Scincidae

Scincidae Active Member

My store told me they could have it over-nighted to me but I opted to save $30 and get it from the site (I've heard orders are still being filled withing 24 hours).

20. vapordub

vapordub Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that Sunday I got the last one in my city (Pop. 150K). I called every store and they all laughed at me. Except one, who had a few left. I had them hold one for me and two hours later when I picked it up they told me the others were gone.

I called VW customer service Sunday and they told me it'd be 5/14 before it would be shipped. After selling my Eris, I needed a phone and couldn't wait two weeks.

21. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

Ordered mine Friday 4/30 through CSR. He said the phone wouldn't ship until 5/6 or 5/7 and he would call me with the tracking info when it ships. After I saw the info that they were back-ordered until 5/14, I was worried about when I would get it, so I called and the CSR I spoke to this time said no worries, it already shipped and gave me the tracking # (FedEx 2 Day out of Ontario). I'll have it Tueday and am look forward to a reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllly long Monday.

22. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

Mine shipped even though it said may 5. Sounds like a made up shortage to get people to buy now before EVO or 4G iPhone. Only few remaining!

23. sickboy13

sickboy13 New Member

I ordered mine late Friday evening online (smart30, free shipping, and no activation fee), the website showed would ship before 5/7. Saturday I received my tracking number showing it had shipped and I would get it 5/4.....Tuesday can't get here soon enough.

24. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

I went to a local bestbuy (in a small town of about 12,000 people) and I was able to look in the back as the rep went and got my incredible. I saw a good 20 boxes in there. If you don't want to wait, just head over to a bestbuy cause they got a lot in stock.

25. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

The downtown Seattle Verizon store was all out yesterday. Went to Best Buy this morning and the guy helping us said they were also out. Another guy chimed in that they might have 1 left but we already ordered it online, just wanted to go in and play with it. :)