[Verizon] SM-900V Root

Last Updated: 2014-06-29 14:43:13
  1. Hawkeye7

Hawkeye7 Member

Hey guys - sorry if this has already been covered, but I've looked on the forums for quite a while and can't really find anything Verizon-specific. I have a Note III on the Big Red network and would like to root it (getting rid of SD restrictions thanks to KitKat, removing bloatware like Visual VM, etc.) I don't care if the Knox counter is incremented; if I run across a true defect with the phone and Samsung doesn't want to help, I'll just buy another one. Currently Kingo doesn't have a one-click root, but I'd be happy to try my hand with Odin and a ROM compatible with my device. Does anyone know that this is possible, and if so, which sites to point me to? I'm planning on donating generously to the dev (I'm guessing Chainfire?) that has a solution to my problem. I use the phone quite a bit and think the devs deserve a lot more than they probably get. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hey Hawkeye7 :wavey:.

I've moved your thread over to the Galaxy Note3 all-things-root area for the Verizon network.

Hopefully the good folks in here can help you out with your root questions (if anyone knows, it would be the folks who hang-out in this area).

Cheers and best of luck!

:)
  3. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

Rooting the Note 3 is really easy. It sounds scary if you read everything. Look at this thread I just did a few days back:

http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...ot/847740-my-root-experience-note-3-easy.html

I never could get Kingo to root my phone. I got it the first time with VRoot. I then downloaded Super User and then installed SafeStrap 3.65 and flashed Hyperdrive RSL7 (4.3) and JellyBean 4.3 ROM's. I have not moved up to Kitkat 4.4 because there are some issues right now with some of the stuff.
    scary alien likes this.
  4. Hawkeye7

Hawkeye7 Member

Thanks for the info, darkcyber! I was a little apprehensive about Vroot, and got confirmation right from Kingo that they didn't have a root method after an OTA update to KitKat. I ended up using the latest and greatest Towelroot method and it worked like a champ! :)
    scary alien likes this.
  5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Good to hear you got everything sorted out :)

If you need any more assistance during the rooting process or finishing things up, just give us a holler :D
  6. forevercrazy69

forevercrazy69 New Member

Towelroot worked for me
  7. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Nice!

From what I have heard it's pretty much hit or miss. Glad to see you got it to work with you :)