Verizon - Software Update Service UnavailableSupport

Last Updated:

1. josh995

josh995 New Member

Just got my Galaxy S III on Friday. It's on 4.0.4 right now, and I'm just checking to see if there's an update available and I get this message:

Service unavailable

Check for System Updates under Settings > About device when service is available

If it helps, I've disabled most of the Verizon apps that are included on the phone, but I don't think that would affect anything. *I enabled all of the apps that I disabled, but it's still giving me the same message when I try software update.

I also reset my phone to factory and it still did it.

If there wasn't an update, it would say something like "You are up to date" Right?

2. psptpr98

psptpr98 Member

I am having the same issue. I got my first S3 last week. When I activated it, one of the first things it did was download a firmware upgrade. That phone had a radio issue and I received a brand new replacement S3 2 days later. It did not download the update, even though it does not have the latest version of firmware and should have downloaded the same update that my first one did. I am getting the same "Service Unavailable" message that you are getting.
    I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon and Samsung today and got nowhere.
    I have done battery pulls, SIM card pulls, factory resets, and a bunch of other things with no luck.
  3. missy brown

missy brown Well-Known Member

I am having the same issue.
  4. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Same issue here. Worked on the 16th (Last time I checked). Thought their servers might be off-line.