[Verizon] Status 7 Error - LOOK HERE

Last Updated:

1. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

If you are trying to flash a new ROM in CWM recovery and you get a failure due to a (Status: 7) error, the reason is because you are either trying to flash the wrong ROM (ie: GSM Version of the ROM) or MOST LIKELY you have installed the GSM CWM Recovery on your CDMA phone.

CWM will check to make sure that in the update.zip will be named correctly to either toro or the GSM version, if the other version is there, it will flag it and not flash.

Hope I was able to help!

PacMan13x, gapi and jbdan like this.
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

so far we have done our best is making sure the all things root guide contains only cdma downloads, but we cannot stop users from downloading the roms and such from other locations unfortunately, but we just hope they read the version that the file they are about to download is for
  3. elmerjr128

elmerjr128 Well-Known Member

+1. If you see "maguro" then you've downloaded the wrong version. "Toro" is the CDMA version, "maguro" is the GSM. Just a head's up for all the new rooters.
  4. VoidedSaint

lol also if you download it from the All Things Root section, your good :)
    Thats and scary alien like this.
  5. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Correct, but I've seen 3 posts about it and actually had the problem myself (oops!) so I figured it was worth posting about.
    VoidedSaint likes this.
  6. VoidedSaint

o your good, i just know that me personally, whichever device i use, i download from that general area, cause i know there is always a difference, as such with droid x and milestone x ^_^

but good looking out bud :)
    Thats likes this.
  7. harpua

harpua Well-Known Member

i encountered this error because i was using cwm touch ?

flashed back to the regular one that scrolls like a mad man sometimes with the volume buttons, but that seemed to do the trick.
  8. VoidedSaint

it is possible you flashed the incorrect touch version

the touch version you should have flashed would be:

9. harpua

harpua Well-Known Member

i'm thinking i had cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img

thanks for letting me know the current version :D