[Verizon] Stuck in a bootloop...flashing AOKP MR1

Last Updated:

1. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

OK, I have had a hell of a time with this. I tried to flash MR1 last night and had problems when my battery died as it was flashing. I then tried to flash my nandroid and it said something about no partitions. Luckily, I was able to flash an older version of AOKP I still had in the goo folder.

So today, I download fresh copies of AOKP JB MR1 and GApps. I made a new nandroid. I went into recovery and wiped system, then cache, then dalvik. I set it to flash the ROM first, then the GApps. It said it was successful.

I hit 'reboot' and it has been sitting on the pink unicorn screen for about 30 minutes. What is causing this?

What do I do now? Pull the battery and try to restore my nandroid again?

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

What was the old version of aokp and which recovery and version of that recovery are you using?
    veccster likes this.
  3. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

Well...I sat in the bootloop for 45min. Finally got frustrated and pulled the battery and rebooted. It booted up but everything started force closing and I kept getting the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped".

Out of more frustration, I booted into recovery, wiped data, cach and dalvik again and reflashed the ROM and GApps. This time, before rebooting, I wiped dalvik again (not sure if that matters). It booted up perfectly and I'm on the new rom!

I hate when you do the exact same thing 2x and get 2 different results - unless the 2nd dalvik wiped helped.

To answer your question, I was coming from AOKP JB Build 4. I am using TWRP v2.3.3.0.
    jhawkkw likes this.
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Indeed, I've been there, oddly enough last time was with aokp. Did the usual procedure, bootlooped at the unicorn. Battery yanked, clean flashed again, same rom and gapps, and it worked. It really is weird. Glad it's working though :)
    veccster likes this.