• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Taxes on your Phonebill?

I'm thinking of switching over to Verizon, and am trying to estimate what my month phonebill will be.

39.99 monthly
29.99 data plan
10.00 txt
1.99 insurance

So that's roughly $82. How much more will be added on with taxes?

That usually depends on where you live and what the tax rates are and what things they can tax you for.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking of switching over to Verizon, and am trying to estimate what my month phonebill will be.

39.99 monthly
29.99 data plan
10.00 txt
1.99 insurance

So that's roughly $82. How much more will be added on with taxes?
It's going to be 82 + state tax % + govt surcharges, admin fees, etc. I live in Michigan and our state sales tax is 6%, I generally factor another 6% in for the other fees and it is pretty close to what you will pay. Every state is different though.

Upvote 0
1.99 insurance

Side note, off topic... You do know the $1.99 insurance just extends the manufacture warranty, ONLY covering if the phone fails due to mechanical or electrical malfunctions and manufacturer defects. The loss, theft, drop it in the toilet, and destroy it insurance is the $6.00 one. Or $7.99 for both.

Just a note, since you're new to Verizon

Upvote 0
Side note, off topic... You do know the $1.99 insurance just extends the manufacture warranty, ONLY covering if the phone fails due to mechanical or electrical malfunctions and manufacturer defects. The loss, theft, drop it in the toilet, and destroy it insurance is the $6.00 one. Or $7.99 for both.

Just a note, since you're new to Verizon
That's because the 1.99 isn't for insurance, it's for an extended manufacture's warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones