• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Viperboy - Droid q for you. When my Droid is connected via bluetooth to my Ford SYNC, occasionally the bluetooth looses connection. When the connection is re-established the Music program (that came factory loaded on my droid) starts automatically. I have not found a way to keep this from happening using any of the settings functions in Music. I also have not found a way to delete the music app. Any ideas on how to keep the Music program from auto starting when connecting via bluetooth? I'd also take any help you can offer on how to keep my bluetooth from disconnecting from the SYNC system. Thanks!

I have a Ford Edge and my husband has the Droid. We can't even get it to connect via bluetooth because it times out on the Droid when we're trying to put the passkey in.

I've seen the problem you've had with it trying to go to the music player when you connect your phone via bluetooth. If you go into your phone settings on the panel that has your GPS, media, etc., check out the place where you've set up the bluetooth connection for your phone. I noticed a place in those menus that talk about playing music automatically from the bluetooth device. If you turn that option off, your phone should open its music player anymore.

I can't advise you about getting it to keep the connection as I haven't been able to make a connection with his Droid yet.

Upvote 0
OK....let me get this straight....

I buy a phone that is marketed by verizon as a Google phone, but I cannot use the phone directly with my Google calendar?? What a crock of crap!!! When is that going to be fixed??? I bought the HTC Drois to eliminate having to carry a phone and a PDA around, but I cannot rely on its two-way syncing...it's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT use outlook......

Upvote 0
I cannot get a calendar event from my phone calendar to post to the online google mail

Most of my experience is with the Droid, but if you have a google calendar through your Gmail, and all of that is set up with your Droid, the calendar works fine. I use my google calendar to send things to my husband's calendar and it appears on his Droid (I bet he wishes it didn't work like that.) You have to have a google calendar set up for it to work the way that your talking about. You also have to be certain of which calendar you are sending it to and which calendars you have enabled on your phone/google calendar account, because if they are not turned on, you won't see the event.

Upvote 0
My droid is just over 30 days old now, for the last three or four days I have had an intermittent problem where the screen will 'go nuts'. It will go to the task scheduler and shake back and forth rapidly, then go to random internet sites flashing between pages as if someone was touching links at a frantic pace. When this happens the touch screen will not respond to actual commands. To stop the error I have to remove the battery. Is my droid dead?

Upvote 0
this might have been asked and answered but i couldn't find the thread about it
i get an error everytime i refresh the notification page on my facebook.
the newsfeed page used to not work displaying the message "application request limit reached" but i gave it a few hours and its working just fine
but the notification page doesn't seem to work at all even after not using it for a few days

Upvote 0
Hello

i wanted to know how do you add a picture to a contact ?
I have a picture saved in my photos, how do I add that picture to the contact, so when they call their picture shows up? on HTC Droid Eris

Thanks much,
zonk39

Open the contact, select menu, and edit contact. At the top is a placeholder for a pic... select that and it brings up the gallery for you to select a picture.

Upvote 0
My droid is just over 30 days old now, for the last three or four days I have had an intermittent problem where the screen will 'go nuts'. It will go to the task scheduler and shake back and forth rapidly, then go to random internet sites flashing between pages as if someone was touching links at a frantic pace. When this happens the touch screen will not respond to actual commands. To stop the error I have to remove the battery. Is my droid dead?

Almost sounds like a key is being pressed on the physical keyboard by something??? But do not worry about the 30 day thing... that is just if you wanted a different device, if there is an issue with your device Verizon will replace it for the 1st year free.

Upvote 0
Help! I have a serious problem with the battery life on my droid. I have done everything suggested by the forums, but the battery is only lasting about 6-8 hours when I am hardly using it. It can't even make it through the night without dying. I have downloaded the Power Widget, turned off the wi-fi, the bluetooth and auto syncing. I have downloaded appkiller and killed everything except text messaging. When I go to settings>about phone> battery use, it says the Android System is using 43% , followed by the Android OS using 26 percent. When I go to Android system, it says the packages using it are: VPN services, PGM System, Google Backup Transport, Sync Feeds, Settings Storage, Settings, Checkin Service, Network Location, Account and Sync Settings, Android System and System Updater. Can you tell me what to do to prolong my battery life? It is really annoying not being able to use it. Thanks.

Upvote 0
this might have been asked and answered but i couldn't find the thread about it
i get an error everytime i refresh the notification page on my facebook.
the newsfeed page used to not work displaying the message "application request limit reached" but i gave it a few hours and its working just fine
but the notification page doesn't seem to work at all even after not using it for a few days

I read that there was an update recently that fixes some things so now that if you reload the facebook app, it should treat you a little better. I hope that update solves your problem.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones