verizon tiered data plan coming october 28th....

Last Updated:

1. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Pretty bad..

3. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

$15/150mb...is that 150 per day or per month???

I suppose I'll be staying on the unlimited plan. At least they are keeping it and at the same price to boot.

4. redwings0921

redwings0921 Member

I dont see what is bad about this. You still have the 30$ unlimited option. They are just offering a lower plan to people who dont use data often...

5. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

I don't get it either, when I saw so many people complaining I though we were gonna lose unlimited data or it would go way up. I can save money with this, ill keep unlimited but my fiance can he bumped down to the $15 dollar plan.

6. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Kinda what I was thinking too, wife is ready for a smart phone, but she won't come close to needing the unlimited plan. Will save $15 a month for us too.

7. saulback

saulback Active Member

I agree. It seems like this is a win for the customer. The light users save 15 bucks. I am skeptical, however. I don't think this is confirmed or anything, so my bet is that the unlimited won't stick around. Here's hoping though.

8. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

The unlimited 3G plan will probably last until LTE is fully implemented. Then goodbye to that. In 2 to 3 years most smartphone users will have 4G phones, and will never experience the unlimited data plans again. This is an image win for verizon who can still tout the unlimited plans for the next few years vs AT&T. When LTE is fully implemented, most users will end up paying more for their data. This is just the beginning process of leading the lemmings off the cliff.

9. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

You give some one a free Corvette and they will complain about the color....

Pretty good deal for people who don't use a lot of data...

10. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

i will confirm it. it's true.

also, there is a 10GB mobile broadband plan for $80/month, and they are going to be offering an iPad plan that is 1GB for $20/month.

11. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Any change to their $64.99 global data package (unlimited)?

12. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

that stays the same for the time being.

13. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

I'm all for slamming Verizon when they slam us, but I'll wait until they actually do slam us before I slam them. So far, this is actually a good deal. I will watch my data consumption and if it looks like I can save money by switching to a lower tier, I will do that.

My only hesitation about doing so is that IF they do away with the unlimited package those who have it at the time might be grandfathered into it. So if I switch out of it, and then they suddenly pull it, I could get screwed. But like I said, I'm not going to call them names for doing that when they haven't done it yet and there is no literature to be read at this time stating that they are definately planning to do so.

Doing so would just make me look foolish.

14. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Yea. If this is what they were talking about then I just won't change my plan. Looks like they're just adding more options for tablets and mobile web

15. sherlynn

sherlynn Active Member

Thank goodness this isn't is bad as what I thought it would be. I will probably be bumping mine down to the $15 plan and leave hubby at the unlimited. I rarely use mine anyway but he uses his all the time for work.

16. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Be careful guys, Android phones tend to suck up a lot of data in the BACKGROUND.

17. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

We'll be keeping the unlimited on all 3 of our phones...... when the wife and daughter first got a smartphone I was 100% certain they would never come close to what would be the lowest tier now........ after the first month I was alarmingly surprised at how much data they use........ between the 3 of us its nothing to avg 10Gb a month

as far as them eliminating the unlimited.... just throwing out something that immediatley comes to my mind...... with rumors of them finally getting the iPhone...... there is no chance of them getting rid of unlimited any time soon........ this would be a HUGE selling point to attract iPhone users away from AT&T

18. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Not me. I'll just complain about the gas mileage and not being able to drive it in the winter. I could always get it painted. :)

19. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

This particular change is not bad, but I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see this is the first step in eliminating the unlimited option, just like AT&T is going to do.

I say next change is going to be to make the $30 option 2GB in the next 6 months.

20. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I'm hoping VZW is smarter than that. Their network can handle the load and they stated that Android users surpass the data consumption of iPhone users. To me it doesn't make since to cap people at 2GB, it really hinders what they bought the device for. Although it is business so I wouldn't put it pass then to do it for the money.

21. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Well, I've seen reports that say AT&T is looking at offering an unlimited price.

22. zanza

zanza Well-Known Member

good move for my mom who wouldn't want to pay out $30 a month.

also, WiFi is your friend, use it!

23. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Glad you love your Droid X, but what's that last string in your sig? Tried decrypting as MD5, but no dice :(

24. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Binary > ASCII

"I love my Droid X"

I like the sig :)

I know a guy that put his name in binary around his resume.