• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon to discontinue the DROID 3 in January

I see people all over talking about how the shelf life of the D3 has only been 6 months. If you are a glass half empty kind of person, then this is bad news. But I am a half full kind of guy. The way I see it is, all of us with a D3 might get upgraded when they run out of stock on said D3. How? Well what happens if/when your D3 malfunctions? You call Verizon, they have you master reset and it still acts up, a new refurbished phone is on it's way. But wait, I am sorry sir we are out of D3's. A replacement? D4. The D3 is the best phone out in my opinion. I will settle for nothing less. HAHA. This may all be a fantasy in my head but we will all see what happens. *Evil Laugh* :D muahahahahahaha

Upvote 0
I see people all over talking about how the shelf life of the D3 has only been 6 months. If you are a glass half empty kind of person, then this is bad news. But I am a half full kind of guy. The way I see it is, all of us with a D3 might get upgraded when they run out of stock on said D3. How? Well what happens if/when your D3 malfunctions? You call Verizon, they have you master reset and it still acts up, a new refurbished phone is on it's way. But wait, I am sorry sir we are out of D3's. A replacement? D4. The D3 is the best phone out in my opinion. I will settle for nothing less. HAHA. This may all be a fantasy in my head but we will all see what happens. *Evil Laugh* :D muahahahahahaha

I suppose it is worth hoping, though it should be noted that the Droid R2D2 is still being sold certified pre-owned. VZW may still have a boatload of D3s around. Not only that - they have started that trade-in program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones