Verizon to verizon texting..General

Last Updated:

1. knipp21

knipp21 Member This Topic's Starter

When i am texting my verizon friends. If they send me a long text it is split and they are told the message was failed. I never had this happen in the past. We are on the same network. any ideas

Advertisement
  2. dawnstacie

dawnstacie Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock app or another app like handcent?

3. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

My wife texting from her ENV3 to my Droid Eris had this same issue with a really long text message. Broken up into three and error on her side.

4. whewstoosae

whewstoosae Well-Known Member

I'm just throwing it out there, but I think its an OS limitation. Not sure if 1.5 likes multi-paged texts. Anyone know if the Droid can?

5. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I have noticed this too... Not sure about the error message on their end, but I get them in multiple segments, and then an additional message saying it was sent in plain text or something.

However, when I sent a long message, I don't get any errors on my end. Not sure how it looks on their end though.

Verizon-to-Verizon also.

6. gueeds23

gueeds23 Member

I get an error on my end that said it was sent in plain text and they also get an error back. I've used both the stock messenger and Handcent and both do it.

7. knipp21

knipp21 Member This Topic's Starter

Is everyone having this problem texting LG phones..or in general?

8. arock

arock Well-Known Member

My old lg dare would do that. Couldnt send a text that was over the 160 character max to anyone, didnt matter what network i was sending to. But the phone could recieve multi-page text messages. I always found it kinda weird but just sent long text messages as a mms instead. That always seemed to work.

9. trj44

trj44 Member

Hey I had to join to put my two cents in on this one. As far as what I have found, the "split" and error messages will only occur if one of the phones is a "dumb" phone. I have sent and received texts (160+) from Verizon and other "smart" phones and it does not have any problems.

Just search the interweb using the error message "preceeding message was modified....." and you will find some explanation.

I think if the slower phone sends as MMS it may avoid the problem but Im not sure.

10. shotgunxbaby3

shotgunxbaby3 Member

Verizon has always had the 160 character limit, I even get these messages on my Eris about verizon to verizon it will be split other carriers it won't work.