Verizon training workshop!General

Last Updated:

1. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My husband just got an email offering a workshop on using the Inc! Crazy when the phone does so much that you need that! Has anyone been to one of those before? Is it worth it?

Advertisement
  2. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if what I'm talking about is the same thing as you, but when we stopped by the downtown Seattle Verizon store they had a sign saying there would be an Incredible learning event Sunday mornings from 9-10am (1 hr before the store opens) for at least a few weeks.

The customer service guy said one misconception is that it's actually a workshop where they show you how to use the phone. He said you have to bring questions and then they will answer them. So it's more a Q&A than a workshop. But like I said, we could be talking about 2 totally separate events. Just wanted to throw that out there though fwiw! :)

3. Tonysracing

Tonysracing Well-Known Member

4. gnystrom

gnystrom Active Member

I understand it is a Q & A session with one on one. I have a list for my meeting tomorrow.

5. belash

belash Active Member

I am attending a class on Sunday. I can't wait, as I am sure I will learn something.

6. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Workshops appear to not be available everywhere.

Here's a link directly to a video tutorial
    DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

7. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Got the email today as well, but the one closest to me is full. I'm sure a lot of you will post whatever tips/tricks they show you though so I'm not too worried.

8. belash

belash Active Member

I would suggest just showing up. I am sure they will have a cancellation. For my workshop, two people showed up without signing up and they were given the class no problem.

9. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Best Buy does this for every phone so I don't think it's limited to the Incredible in Verizon's case likewise.

10. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Their tips:

Get a task manager
    Use the market
    Tether with the $30/month additional plan
    Buy Verizon accessories

11. gnystrom

gnystrom Active Member

I attended one last weekend. I found it helpful. I learned from them some tricks and they learned more from me. Mine came from this forum. It was a one on one for the most part. It was helpfull speak with other people attending about thier issues and we all learned together. Overall it was not a waste of time for me. I would not travel a great distance to do this. One could get better overall info from this forum.