Verizon Txt Plan QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Zomb!e

Zomb!e Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Went to pre-order the Incredible a bit ago (even though my NE2 isn't due until Nov.) and had a question I was hoping the Android community might be able to assist me with.

I'm currently the primary line of a family plan. Nationwide family plan with unlimited texting/pic/vids. When I went to pre-order the Incredible Verizon wanted me to select the option to get 250 messages for $5 a month or I could leave it blank to pay per message.

I don't want to do this though since I already get unlimited messages.

If I leave that option blank, will I still have my unlimited messaging? Or will I have to pay per message? The only think about my plan I'd like to change is to add the $30 data plan required.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Stealth Droid

Stealth Droid Member

All I can say is that that is strange... if you already have unlimited texts, I don't get why they'd ask you for an extra $5 per month. the $5 per month plan is only for those who don't text that much, but want a small amount (250) texts. they should not be charging your $5 per month or pay per mb. I don't even know if the system allows for that. maybe they made a mistake.

3. YY1334

YY1334 Active Member

I actually was in the same exact predicament as you are describing when I pre-ordered mine earlier. I called and spoke with a customer service rep, and they said to just leave it blank and all the features I was already paying for would be transferred to the new phone. So don't worry leave it blank and you will still have your unlimited text plan intact.

4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

No, it makes it an option (look at it closely). You CAN do it, but because it would be redundant, just don't check the Text Message box. Continue on without it--that's what I did.

5. radworm

radworm Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to me. I have an unlimited text plan so I just ignored it. I agree, it is a little redundant and confusing.