Verizon upgrade At bestbuy mobile..price matched letstalk.comGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Finally got my mobile price matched for 200 with a little haggling..tried it at regular bestbuy and verizon and both didn't work..wanted titanium but only had I got the titanium flip case looks pretty sweet actually..anyway yeah for me..

2. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Best buy mobile is just the mobile phone section in Best buy right? I got mine from them for 250 but I'm gonna go back tomorrow and see if they will take the additional 50 off! Mind me asking why you had to haggle? they price matched me with no problem!
  3. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

She said she was the assistant mgr and 100 off was more then she could meet...said she could only do 279 basically what amazon is..kept talking to her and changed her mind I guess..oh and yeah it's just mobile which is in the mall..
  4. HTTR

HTTR Well-Known Member

Only color they have at my
    Best Buy is white as well. With the case the white actually looks pretty good.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Helenoftroy08

Yep no titaniums in my area either. I had them order mine.
  6. Helenoftroy08

Oh ok. I was in a best buy store when they matched the $250. I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back.
  7. Helenoftroy08

Best Buy was going to do a price adjustment for me. However, since they had to order the phone from the warehouse it was considered a order and they said they could not do that. Instead, they gave me a 50 in store credit to spend on whatever I wanted!
  8. Elohdaeh78

Elohdaeh78 New Member

I just got mine from lets talk a few weeks ago for $179 shipped. Got it in titanium, came quickly works perfectly.
  9. jimmerz

jimmerz Member

I am ready to upgrade tomorrow. I guess I will go to my local best buy and see what they say. I did see it on Letstalk for $199. Verizon will not pricematch. I was hoping to check my costco out too. They usually bundle some things with theirs?

I will check back tomorrow before I go, just in case anyone in here has any advice for me. I cant wait!
  10. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Amazon is 199 now also..tell them about that better chance meeting them..
    jimmerz likes this.
  11. jimmerz

jimmerz Member

Well, I pulled the trigger! I went to Best Buy and they did indeed price match. So $199 for my new Galaxy Note 2. I LOVE IT so far!

Plus I put it on my BB card and got 6 months same as cash which will get me some more points.

I did not get any covers yet, i will read the forums and see what other like. I did get a nice universal car/vent/window holder which should be very nice when using Navigation.

Looks like I will be around for a while!!!
  12. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Did you use amazon or let's talk?
  13. jimmerz

jimmerz Member

I mentioned BOTH, they just checked Amazon and said, ok.

No hassle at all...
  14. Captain53

Captain53 Well-Known Member

Ok help me here I am failing to see something. If you can order it from Lets Talk (or some other reputable vendor) while sitting at home with free overnight or 2nd day shipping and no sales tax what are you accomplishing by driving to Best Buy, arguing with them, waiting for them to check the price and then driving back home all to simply match the price then add tax of $12 or so more than you could have bought it for?
    andygu3 likes this.
  15. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Because if something is wrong with it and I have to exchange it...much easier to go in best buy not wait more days till they get it check it and send u a new one..worth it to me..
  16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

You won't get one the same day through best buy either. They'll take your phone, give you a 5 year old flip phone for $50, and then theyll ship you a refurbished one to the store, where you have to go pick it up 3-5 days later.

Been there, done that, not going through bestbuy again. Its a pain to get a refurb for something a sprint store would fix for free
    Captain53 likes this.
  17. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

I mean the first 30 days..not talking about warranty..
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  18. jimmerz

jimmerz Member

1. I wanted it immediately.
    2. Best buy was on my way and I didn't have to argue at all.
    3. I'm pretty sure my state adds tax to on line purchases now.
    4. I get reward zone points from BB so I can get free stuff later.

Other than that, I usually have no problems shopping on line and waiting a day or 2.
  19. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

Amazon is now $149 for the Note 2 and I'm thinking about getting one next week when I get paid.
  20. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Im tHinking of a way to get my 50
  21. jimmerz

jimmerz Member

best buy was only price matching through 1-31-13 for the holiday season. They are no longer matching Amazon. I'm wondering if it is worth it to return my white N2 and buy the grey one off Amazon for $50 less?
  22. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

My wife just got the s3 price matched at bestbuy yesterday.
  23. leland33

leland33 New Member

Im a best buy mobile manager and I price match anyone anytime and you get your phone the same day. On top of that in your first 30 days we also have a price match guarantee so if you see it cheaper we will give you money back. This is every best buy mobile wether its in a best buy store or a stand alone store. The price match can be at managers discretion for certain legal reasons but other then that its everytime.
  24. jimmerz

jimmerz Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I called best buy customer service that's why I wrote what I did. Good to know BB continues to price match.
    leland33 likes this.
  25. CorradoVT

CorradoVT New Member

Does BB mobile policy allow a double-dip of price-match as well as the $50 gift card for 2-year contract activation (assuming that applies to New Service and Upgrades equally)? I'm going back & forth on the RMHD from Amazon ($150) or the Razr HD + bundle from Costco ($120).

Price match + $50 gift card would simplify the "where to buy" decision quite a bit!