Verizon upgrade policy?

Last Updated:

1. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I will be new to VZW and I hear you can upgrade your phone after 1 year? What are the parameters around this? Are there any catches or requirements? So there is no benefit to a 1 year contract (other than being able to go somewhere other than verizon)?

Advertisement
  2. djayman75

djayman75 Member

The only way you can pay upgrade price for a phone after 1 year is dependent on how much your monthly bill is. I had a blackberry plan with 900 minutes and unlimited text msg and I was able to upgrade after 1 year.

3. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

are these limits documented somewhere?

4. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

You would have to qualify for the annual upgrade deal,this is straight from the verizon policy.

You must be registered for My Verizon, be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price. It

5. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

I asked in the verizon store yesterday about this (for an individual plan) and she said on the droid x you have to have the 900 anytime minute plan or higher to be eligible for an upgrade after 12 months. If you have the 450 anytime minute plan you'd have to wait 20 months. Not sure how accurate the information is though..

6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I think that if your base plan (before taxes, surcharges, and whatnot) is at least $79.99 then you can get an annual upgrade before your two-year contract runs up.

Edit: My one year is up in November :)

7. babyphat32

babyphat32 New Member

the upgrade policy is simple mthly access of 49.99 and higher and you can upgrde is one yr wth a two yr ext of the ced