1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

[Verizon] upgraded lost root

Last Updated:

1. artcwolf

artcwolf Well-Known Member

okay got kitkat this morning, and as usual i lost root. Went to try using vroot and it failed. couple of questions before i try using Kingo when i get home

Can i stop the superuser app the vroot installed without issues?
    Does the kingo root install a chinese SU that i can't read as well?

I miss my green battery icon :(

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

You can completely uninstall it if you want. Or stop it. There won't be any issues, since the ROM (4.4.2) isn't rooted.

Yes, and all you do is uninstall it. (It's evident in Applications manager - it's the one with the name in Chinese characters.)

Don't bother. They've already said that they aren't even going to try to root Kit Kat. The choice was stay with 4.3, rooting, multiple ROMs, etc., or update to 4.4.2. (And there's no going back. Sorry.)
    artcwolf likes this.
  3. artcwolf

Thanks Rukbat - sadly i didn't catch the phone, i got up and it was installing :(

I'll download the latest Vroot and see if it works or not tonight since kingo isn't going to. Guess i'll need a new app backup program that doesn't need root access.
  4. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

Can he not download a stock 4.3 firmware and flash it in Odin and get back to stock 4.3 and then use Kingo or VRoot and root again. This time I would suggest running a custom ROM like Hyperdrive RSL7 or JellyBeans 4.3 because they do not except the OTA 4.4 update.
  5. artcwolf

i'm not overly worried, so far the only thing i don't like about kitkat is the no SD card writing and the FB setting for auto play video is not there. The only reason i've rooted was to back everything up.
  6. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

DC I can't confirm that. I don't THINK I've read anything that says if you take the stock update that you can go back. I know if you flash the leaked KK version you can go back, but I don't believe the stock KK version will allow a flash (Odin) to an older ROM.

Again, I'm not positive but I believe that is the case.
    darkcyber likes this.