• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Verizon 4.2.2 leak now available.

Alright, If it's completely stock without root, then you'll want to set up the android sdk on your computer as well as any drivers if necessary. Once that is set up, download the ota zip file and put it in the same folder that the adb and fastboot files are in. Open up a command line terminal in that location, and follow these instructions:

1. *Download the file from above to your computer.
2. *Plug your phone into your computer and type

Upvote 0
Alright, If it's completely stock without root, then you'll want to set up the android sdk on your computer as well as any drivers if necessary. Once that is set up, download the ota zip file and put it in the same folder that the adb and fastboot files are in. Open up a command line terminal in that location, and follow these instructions:

I'm running stock, unrooted, and not unlocked on both my Galaxy Nexus units.
Will this wipe out all my data and apps?

Upvote 0
I'm running stock, unrooted, and not unlocked on both my Galaxy Nexus units.
Will this wipe out all my data and apps?

No it will not. Everything stays intact, just as if you had downloaded the update over the air. Just did it myself. It includes the new FK01/FK02 radios. Took me a bit to get it working; would run step 8 above and nothing would happen. I had to update my adb to a version with sideload (think this was the site I found the adb/fastboot without downloading the entire SDK - http://goo.gl/kiVJD). Once I did that, it went flawlessly.

Reactions: cwcheese
Upvote 0
I installed the update and everything is great except that Google Wallet won't work anymore. It says I need to update to a new version and then takes me to the Play store where the app is not available for this device. Does anyone know how to get Wallet working?

hm... this is weird b/c I'm pretty sure GWallet was working on other 4.2.2 roms, I'm pretty sure I had it working on JBS4.5.6... have you tried wiping gWallet data, uninstalling, and re-installing it? cant imagine such a recent version not working on an incremental upgrade...

Upvote 0
I installed the update and everything is great except that Google Wallet won't work anymore. It says I need to update to a new version and then takes me to the Play store where the app is not available for this device. Does anyone know how to get Wallet working?

Yeah, my wallet gives me the same message. Same thing happened with the last update.
I believe I waited for someone to modify the apk to work with the latest version. I think you can also modify the build.prop file on your phone to trick the market into thinking you aren't on verizon and let you install the latest version.

Upvote 0
Yeah, my wallet gives me the same message. Same thing happened with the last update.
I believe I waited for someone to modify the apk to work with the latest version. I think you can also modify the build.prop file on your phone to trick the market into thinking you aren't on verizon and let you install the latest version.

I did the build.prop trick and it worked.

Here are two threads I referenced. The first is a basic instruction on how to get to and edit the file. The second shows which lines to edit and what to change them to.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1948558
[VZW][LTE] Google wallet build.prop - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

After I made the changes I restarted the phone, opened Play and installed Wallet. It opened and worked fine, then I changed the build.prop settings back to the original configuration and restarted again. Wallet still works fine.

Upvote 0
I'm currently on Bugless Beast's JRO03C build and I was looking to flash the JDQ39 zip that DL posted yesterday. The instructions said that I need to have the JRO03O build though, so I was planning to flash the factory image this weekend. Would I just be better off doing a factory reset (after backing up my stuff like photos) so I start fresh and then flash the JDQ39 zip?

Upvote 0
I'm currently on Bugless Beast's JRO03C build and I was looking to flash the JDQ39 zip that DL posted yesterday. The instructions said that I need to have the JRO03O build though, so I was planning to flash the factory image this weekend. Would I just be better off doing a factory reset (after backing up my stuff like photos) so I start fresh and then flash the JDQ39 zip?

A factory reset would not put you back on JRO03O. A factory reset only deletes all user apps and return settings to the rom's default, and it has no affect on what build you are running. You're going to have to flash the factory image to get back in order to flash the OTA.

Upvote 0
I think I am in over my head when I don't get any of this, "...android sdk on your computer as well as any drivers if necessary. Once that is set up, download the ota zip file and put it in the same folder that the adb and fastboot files are in. Open up a command line terminal in that location, and..."
Yup...way over.:thinking:
Any one of you kind souls care to explain this to me? Thanks!

Upvote 0
I think I am in over my head when I don't get any of this, "...android sdk on your computer as well as any drivers if necessary. Once that is set up, download the ota zip file and put it in the same folder that the adb and fastboot files are in. Open up a command line terminal in that location, and..."
Yup...way over.:thinking:
Any one of you kind souls care to explain this to me? Thanks!

Sure thing. What is the current state of your device? Completely stock, rooted stock or custom rom? Also, are you using windows or mac?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones