[Verizon] Verizon Galaxy Nexus battery fix!

Last Updated:

1. EggzNBaconz

EggzNBaconz New Member

Hi all, I found an awesome way to actually get solid battery life on my galaxy nexus last night so I thought I'd share with everyone:

So theres about a bazillion threads about people only getting 10-14 hrs of battery life on the Galaxy Nexus, and it looks like alot of them have to do with "Phone Idle" just draining the battery. Lately I'd pretty much given up and just figured that 14 hrs with normal use was about all I was gonna get.

Fast forward to last night, I was using Titanium Backup to go through and delete some of the Verizon crapware that comes on the stock ROM. I deleted "My Verizon Mobile" and "VZ Backup Assistant" and then left it fully charged over night to see what would happen. Woke up this morning and my battery was at 90% after 8.5hrs! Been using it lightly today and currently I'm at 58% battery after 17hrs.

So obviously one of these 2 applications has been running in the background and keeping my phone from going into deep sleep. Super glad to finally have this figured out!

BTW I'm running rooted stock 4.1.1.

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I have moved this thread into the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Root Forum to show others with your device about this fix.

Hope this helps :)
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Indeed, the less your phone does in the background, the less battery it will use. Apps that require lots of syncing, like social media, email, etc keep waking the phone up while you're not using it and eat juice while it updates. Granted I've got a tank battery for my Gnex, I've gotten as much as 3 days of battery letting it sit on idle thanks to killing syncing, and some other mods that require root/unlocked bootloader.
  4. got rid of these apps long ago (as i'm sure many others did), made no difference in battery life for me.
  5. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Like jhawk said, getting rid of any app that would operate in the background will save you battery. How much battery that is varies from phone to phone