• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Verizon Galaxy S4 Bootloop

Blaskowski

Lurker
Sep 24, 2013
I was able to successfully root my i545 with ease. Unfortunately I had a much harder time installing a rom on it. I tried several different methods with no prevail. The final one I tried was SafeStrap and now I am stuck at the Software Update Failure screen. I can go into Odin Mode but that is all. Can anyone help me with this situation?

You would be better off asking in the All Things Root sub-forum (perhaps one of the mods could move your post) but if you mean you can connect successfully to Odin, you should be fine.

My bootloader was already unlocked so first I rooted my phone (using Odin), which you say you have already managed successfully. Then I flashed a new recovery - I went for Philz CWM (also using Odin) and lastly I used the new recovery to install the ROM. I suggest you flash a new recovery with Odin and then you should be home and dry. All of this is covered in the abovementioned sub-forum, in particular there are some very helpful posts by ironass such as this http://androidforums.com/internatio.../733389-philz-cwm-recovery-dummies-guide.html one.

I'm no expert but I've flashed a fair few firmwares in my time and it's really not that hard but you do have to be very careful that you don't interrupt the process at any point and make sure whatever you are flashing is compatible with your exact model of phone.

Upvote 0
First are you on MDK or ME7 for your phones firmware version? ( should be the last 3 letters of baseband or build number)

MDK- you don't need to use SafeStrap

ME7- you MUST use SS has the bootloader is locked on this firmware.

To be honest your best bet for help is to post over in the SS thread on XDA. Those folks would be the most knowledgeable about it.

Upvote 0
Moved to root forum for better visibility from the right folks. :)

You are awesome, thank you!

First are you on MDK or ME7 for your phones firmware version? ( should be the last 3 letters of baseband or build number)

MDK- you don't need to use SafeStrap

ME7- you MUST use SS has the bootloader is locked on this firmware.

To be honest your best bet for help is to post over in the SS thread on XDA. Those folks would be the most knowledgeable about it.

I am on ME7 I will go over to the SS thread and see what they have to say. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones