Verizon voicemail on S3?General

1. gsxr150

gsxr150 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, heres a quick question. I currently have a S2 on sprint. When I get a voicemail I click on the voicemail icon and see the message. From there I tap the message and it starts to play. This is a basic free service throught sprint. Will my new Verizon S3 work just like this?

Advertisement
  2. gsxr150

Anyone? Please tell me you dont have to press and hold 1.
  3. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

You have to pay for visual VM on Verizon if you use theirs. I went through the same thing when I switched from ATT to VZW.

Best solution is to use Google Voice. It gives you free visual voice mail and a bunch of other benefits. App is free in the play store.
  4. gsxr150

Thank you Sir! That is a bummer to hear it is not stock. Ours are not visual voicemail, but all you have to do is click the message and you hear it on the speaker.
  5. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

Actually Google Voice is very very good. Better than anything VZW would put out. There is a nice widget that you can click to listen to the message and the google servers transcribe the message and send it to your phone (not always accurate but helps if I am in a meeting).
  6. New2Android12

New2Android12 Member

Hi,

I am with Vodafone and I want to be able to hear my voice mails without having to dial the service provider all the time, I used to be able to do this on the Iphone but I dont seem to be able to do this on the S3? I looked up google Voice in play store but its not showing up?
  7. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Google Voice is not used outside of the US, unfortunately.