verizon wiped now what

Last Updated:

1. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok monday i took my phone to verizon because my earpiece volume has gotten quieter and its hard to hear people on the other end. the speaker phone is not affected at all though. so the verizon rep completely wiped my phone to what it was when it came outa the box. then loaded me back on it and it was fixed. well today now its gotten quiet again. what do i do now? any ideas ,comments etc. are appreciated!!! thanks!
    (please note i do not feel this is the same issue with the headphone jack thats why im making a new post. speakerphone is fine also.)

If they offer me a refurb phone should i be worried?

Advertisement
  2. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I know it's a lot of work, but if it were me, I would take it back to them again. As far as the refurb? There are different thoughts on this. Most seem to say that a refurb phone has gone through more testing than a new phone so you have less of a chance of getting a bad phone back to you. Others say they bought a new phone that doesn't work so they want a new phone back that does. I can't help you on that, it seems to be a personal point of view.

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I've bought a number of refurbished devices/electronics and let me tell you, as long as they're physically/aesthetically perfect, these devices are usually backed by the manufacturer to be 100% to spec. Technically, so are new phones, but if you had the choice of getting a phone off an assembly line or from someone who's looked at it individually? Point is: There's nothing to fear getting a refurbished device.

4. aaronmach1

thanks for replies this makes me feel a little better about refurbs

5. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Refurb owner here as well (not Droid, but othe items), and I'll agree with everyone else -- in my case, at least, the refurbs were BETTER than the new items.

6. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

I went through two (Brand New) Droids relatively quick. Now I have a refurb that works better and has lasted longer than the new ones.

7. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Went through a number of Voyagers back when I had that, the refurb was the only one to last....

8. aaronmach1

well damn! time to unroot and go with a refurb. reload all apps blah blah blah!:mad:

9. yasuro

yasuro Active Member

i'm on my 3rd refurb (with 4th on the way). all experienced different problems, the latest is a DOA camera.

10. Hey yasuro, I went through 4 Droid refurbs, all different problems. All the refurbs they sent me were junk. After the fourth refurb they gave me a new one. All is good now.