1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[Verizon] Wireless tethering

1. zovadka

zovadka Member

I've done some searching on here and other than the FoxFi thread, there isn't much to go by. I really want wireless tethering as I use the crap out of it and just paid for the Note 3 outright to keep unlimited data.

I've rooted with Kingo and I'm running MJE. I've installed both Wifi Tether for Root and FoxFi free.

Wifi Tether gives me an error and says check the log file. When I check the log file, it says that no log file has been created and I cant get any futher.

When I launch FoxFi, it turns on, also shows the Verizon hotspot icon, and then almost works. I can see the SSID and connect to it but I can't get any internet on the connected devices.

Where can I start to try and resolve these issues and get my wireless tethering back?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

If you're using a browser to "get the internet", Verizon is blocking all browsers but Android browsers. So you'll have to get a browser that can identify as an Android browser.
    zovadka likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

moved to the verizon root forum.

curious have you tried other wifi tehther apk's?
    https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list
    try some of these.....also you might want to try some custom roms as they might have a hacked hotspot cooked in.

i'm not on your network so i can't help with specific roms.
  4. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

I am running Hyperdrive and use the Tethering built in. I have 2 laptops, a Nexus 7, a Tab 3, and a note 10.1 2014...all working on the tether... Only 2 or 3 at any given time, and no longer have unlimited. Works great for me.
    Have you tried just the built in hotshot Tethering and not a separate app?
    Since I have not used the other apps, not sure it helps, but most of the Roms for the note 3 have built in non provisioning wifi tether....
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

I'm with Ryan, most custom ROMs have the tethering enabled. And it's just so much easier than messing with any of the other apps. Honestly, even if I didn't want to run a custom ROM, I'd seriously consider it just to be rid of FoxFi and all the stupid restrictions it suddenly has. Let me clarify, to me, they are stupid restrictions, they may not be to some people. :D