• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon won't change my Eris

ilikemyeris

Jan 8, 2010
So i just got off the phone with a customer service rep from Verizon and was telling them about my issues because i'm on my 3rd replacement phone, and the 3rd one that just got sent out today is even worser then the ones i had to have replace, i told the rep that i wanted a new model phone, and all they could tell me was that well we'll have to just replace it with the same model, and if you're wanting to get a new model phone you would have to pay for it.
How are some of you members getting the Moto Droid without any charges?? Do you guys just get nice reps? Because the rep i got was just a D*ck he wouldn't listen to what i was trying to say and kept cutting me off.

STOP ASKING FOR ANOTHER PHONE! This has been covered over and over.

Just keep troubleshooting with the reps until they've finished troubleshooting and you still have issues. THEY MIGHT offer the upgrade when there is no other fix available. But they don't have to.

Also, how long you've been a customer, how much money you pay per month, how many lines on your account, etc... All Come into play.

Stop asking for a new phone, because they are more likely to turn you down.

Upvote 0
Different situations warrant different actions in some cases.

Also, the attitude of not only the rep but yourself can go a long way to determining what outcome you receive.

Not saying you did this, but when most people are unhappy with their phones they call in and complain, yell, shout, get angry, demand things, etc.

Also, I've found from personal experience that being very polite, speaking slowly, and treating the rep as more of a friend than a person in a call center goes a long way. Often, casually chatting about the issues, then finishing with something like "I really love my service, but I've just been having too many issues with this phone, are you sure there isn't anything better you can do for me? I'd hate to have to go to a different carrier over this phone and the problems I have." Note: At no point did I demand satisfaction, demand a new phone, or give an ultimatum to the rep.

I can't say that would work for sure, but I have had success in the past with that method.

Upvote 0
Different situations warrant different actions in some cases.

Also, the attitude of not only the rep but yourself can go a long way to determining what outcome you receive.

Not saying you did this, but when most people are unhappy with their phones they call in and complain, yell, shout, get angry, demand things, etc.

Also, I've found from personal experience that being very polite, speaking slowly, and treating the rep as more of a friend than a person in a call center goes a long way. Often, casually chatting about the issues, then finishing with something like "I really love my service, but I've just been having too many issues with this phone, are you sure there isn't anything better you can do for me? I'd hate to have to go to a different carrier over this phone and the problems I have." Note: At no point did I demand satisfaction, demand a new phone, or give an ultimatum to the rep.

I can't say that would work for sure, but I have had success in the past with that method.

+1. I didn't even ask for moto droid, he offered after a dreadful TS. He also had an eris and understood what i was going through. so you get your nice and understanding reps and you get your strict or ignorant ones. Also, trust me, he wasn't the first guy i talked to, went through a few reps. so try to keep calling and you'll eventually get someone willing.

hope all goes well.

Upvote 0
Verizon credited me $199 for my Eris, which I got to keep and sold for $150, then they(free of charge) canceled out my old contract, opening up a new two year giving me the DInc at the online two year price of $199, which the credit they gave me covered, so i made $150 for selling my old eris and will be getting an Incredible early Aug.
They also told me it would be here this week, I then saw it was back ordered and called to see if it would still be here this week to find out it wont be and that I already sold my Eris, so they sent me another refrub Eris to USE until the inc arrives.

Reactions: Thedarksunlight
Upvote 0
Verizon credited me $199 for my Eris, which I got to keep and sold for $150, then they(free of charge) canceled out my old contract, opening up a new two year giving me the DInc at the online two year price of $199, which the credit they gave me covered, so i made $150 for selling my old eris and will be getting an Incredible early Aug.
They also told me it would be here this week, I then saw it was back ordered and called to see if it would still be here this week to find out it wont be and that I already sold my Eris, so they sent me another refrub Eris to USE until the inc arrives.

Sweet deal. I have the silent bug and it happens when I move my phone to the other ear but it happens only in the same scenario. I would complain if it really annoyed me that much but I can suck it up for the time being until something crazier happens

Upvote 0
STOP ASKING FOR ANOTHER PHONE! This has been covered over and over.

Just keep troubleshooting with the reps until they've finished troubleshooting and you still have issues. THEY MIGHT offer the upgrade when there is no other fix available. But they don't have to.

Also, how long you've been a customer, how much money you pay per month, how many lines on your account, etc... All Come into play.

Stop asking for a new phone, because they are more likely to turn you down.

WOW! RUDE! As a matter of fact, I did ask for a new phone and my local verizon store gave me one. They allowed me to choose between 2 different phones and I chose the Motorola Droid which I am very happy with. My new phone blows the Eris out of the water - no comparison. If I had not ASKED I would not have received. I was very polite and I did point out that I have my own business and rely on my phone working in order to conduct business calls and corresponde via email.

Good Luck to you. I say again.....you will never know unless you ask.

Upvote 0
I went to the store the other day to complain about my second replacement, after being there for over an hour talk with the store manager, I was granted ANOTHER ERIS!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO...not. I should be getting the other Eris on Monday, but I will be at Myrtle beach so I cannot use it till Friday. Also the regional manager was supposed to call my dad yesterday but obviously he did not. I have had it with this phone. I should not get another broken phone when returning a broken phone. Next time I have to complain I am going to try a different store and just incase print out pages that state the issue of the Eris to help my case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones