• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon XLTE headed to more than 50 new locations today, now available in 300+ markets

Anyone have any real world examples of speed differences between LTE and XLTE? Since my area has XLTE I'm curious what improvements I would see if I get a XLTE device.

Is it really supposed to be faster? I thought it was just more bandwidth. I get that more bandwidth = reduced congestion and might mean faster but I didn't think an XLTE device on XLTE was inherently faster than a regular LTE device with equal network loading.

Of course I could be wrong and that's all crap...

FWIW
DLM

Upvote 0
Hope XLTE is better because when they added the Seattle area to the list my LTE got slower and has stayed that way. Before I averaged 22mbps down and 6mbps up. Now 8mbps down and 4mbps up! :(:mad::thinking:

I wonder if that's what's happening to me too? I was writing that off to early implementation of throttling the "top 5%" of unlimited data customers.

Upvote 0
IBT & Skip - do you know how far along the upgrades in your city are? With the current Sprint upgrades it can affect peoples service and takes several months to complete, plus (I think) they announce some areas before it's 100% finished.

Not sure if Verizon is similar.

No idea. My city is listed but not sure how long its been that way.

Upvote 0
I know Seattle had been added or was being updated about 3 months ago I think and Bellingham I think was next. I'm about in the middle and a fella I was talking to said he was told it may be October before it's all done. I keep dropping to 3G when I go downtown Mount Vernon too. Washington state if you were wondering that. And I'm not unlimited anymore so don't think that is it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones