Verizon Xperia Play problemSupport

Last Updated: 2011-12-15 23:06:31
  1. AnnaD

AnnaD New Member

Hi all, I've been trying to fix my Xperia Play for a week now with no success. I installed Launcher Pro and tried to change the wallpaper. Launcher Pro hung. Now the unlock screen doesn't work. If I connect via USB I can sometimes drop the notification bar, but choosing any of the programs causes them to hang. I do not have USB debugging enabled to remove the launcher or install a new one. My Play is still showing my WIFI network, and getting new notifications, but I cannot do anything with it. Is it completely messed up? I've tried everything I can think of:

SE PC Companion - Update - Asks for MTP mode - cannot do that because it doesn't show up in the notification bar.

SE PC Companion - Repair - Tries to update but then says that no update is available.

Android Injector - Reports that USB debugging is not enabled - cannot install new APK (tried to install a new launcher).

Install new launcher via Android Market - I do not have 3G data (disabled in settings as well). The new launcher never downloads.

Root/flash new kernel - I don't want to pay to get it unlocked - I also cannot get into the settings to get the IMEI number.

Any other ideas folks? It's crazy to me that a simple software issue can completely mess up my phone.

Note - I did get this problem once before, that time I was able to get into the settings via the notification bar, I was then able to get the default launcher set as the default launcher. Once that was done, I was able to clear the cache on Launcher Pro, which solved the frozen lockscreen problem. Is there any way that I can clear the cache without having access to the settings on the phone or having USB debugging enabled?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

3. AnnaD

AnnaD New Member

Thanks Sam!!!! That fixed it!! I thought I was going to have to send my phone to be repaired, but that fixed it!! Thank you soooooo much!!! :)

Best wishes,
    Anna
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

No problem, glad that is sorted for you :)