• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon's 2nd 5.0 lollipop Build

Was notified of the BOC4 update today. Could not have come soon enough! Upgrade went smoothly and phone is performing noticeably better. Two weeks ago I had to perform a "Reset Settings" with the original Verizon 5.0 release because my phone was constantly rebooting. It also suffered from much poorer battery life than KitKat.

Upvote 0
I can say that I am not a 20 year Verizon customer because of superior satisfaction, it is because they were the only carrier that could give me my coverage needs, and they have continued to maintain that dominance over the years.

If I could get a prepaid phone for half the price and still get the same exact coverage I have now, I would be gone in a heart beat.
My family was with metro pcs since 2003 maybe 2001 and we just dropped them because my dad needed service in the mountains to deliver packages with FedEx. Metro screwed us when ever we needed support, or just trying to get service outside our house. When my parents switched from nokias back to androids they wanted their old phones unlocked and metro never did it. They said they will send a code in a week. We called three times and it never happened. Version is better but sometimes calls get dropped, but not a big problem.

Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones