Verizon's 30 day guaranteeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zyklonb

zyklonb New Member This Topic's Starter

i have owned my eris for a few weeks now and am not convinced its the phone i am going to want for the next 2 yrs so i am going to trade in for a new phone because Verizon has a 30 day guarantee to get a different phone with a 35 dollar restocking fee. but my question is.... my eris was 79.99 after a $100 rebate which i already sent in. so what would i pay for a phone which is $199 after a rebate but is still an HTC? Does anyone have any idea?

TYIA

Advertisement
  2. SoulWeaponry

SoulWeaponry Well-Known Member

I've always wondered what happened when you sent in the rebate but wanted to return the phone. Can you still return it? Do you pay the difference? What?

3. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

I was told that you would pay the difference and won't be eligible for a rebate if that phone comes with one.

4. danielevans83

danielevans83 Well-Known Member

My Verizon guy said after you turn in the rebate the phone is yours...good luck...theres always Ebay.

5. DaveDragon

DaveDragon Active Member

You got hosed. We bought our Eris's (Erisi??) at Best Buy for $29.99 each, no rebate. It was a no brainer.

6. LED

LED Well-Known Member

I was told you can return the phone after the rebate. You would get back 79 (not 179). If there is a rebate with the new phone, you have to mail that in again.

7. HuskyKMA

HuskyKMA Well-Known Member

This is what I was told. You get back the amount you paid, less the amount of the rebate. So I believe you should get back $79.99.

8. sawah

sawah Member

It doesn't matter if you got your rebate already or not. My husband had already gotten his Eris rebate when I returned it for the droid. I paid 175$ abouts to them to exchange it.

9. Unheard

Unheard Member

People actually did the rebate? I just told them I wanted that price today, then they did the car salesmen approach and went in the back and "talked to the manager". 5 minutes later, they came back and said sure, its yours for that price, today.