Verizon's purchase options

1. nobdoor

nobdoor Active Member

I plan on getting a Shadow when it comes out, but the way that I am going to set up my plan is a little funky. I am going to be using PagePlus, which is a provider that piggy-backs on top of verizon's network.

I would like to walk into Verizon on the day of release, buy the Shadow outright (unsubsidized), then register it on a new PagePlus plan.

From your experience, does Verizon allow this kind of purchase to happen? Or to they require you to register the phone on one of their plans when you buy it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. No if you buy it full retail from verizon they make you activate it there idk why i personally think it is dumb if you bought it full retail you should be able to do as you please with the phone.
  3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Which seems odd that they can do that. I would call, because you could easily say you are buying it for someone for their birthday. If you buy it outright then it shouldn't matter what you do.
  4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

ordering online, you can activate the phone however you see fit.
  5. OldSmoky

OldSmoky Well-Known Member

You can buy it full retail online but you can't buy it without a plan
  6. jreed2560

True. but if you have a plan or know someone who does, you can use that to order from the online store.
  7. yeah but then it would be active on that plan and changing to PagePlus they would prob charge you the ETF which is like $350
  8. jreed2560

nothing to terminate. No contract extension with full retail purchase.
  9. yeah but if they make u put it on a plan which they will then you would have to cancel it
  10. jreed2560

Thats why you find someone who already has a plan. You wouldn't be using their upgrade.
  11. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

You should be able to buy it on release date, but it will be hard to get the to do it. Stores usually want to save all new releases for new activations or upgrades, since the store gets more commision.

Buy it at another store otherwise, or call before release day, or preorder it, I know Best Buy will prolly offer it

I thought I read it was hard now to get VZW branded smartphones activated on PP?
  12. I got the incredible on release day for full retail it wasn't that hard and there was nobody in the store.