• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon's take on Droid 2.1 update

It seems today, that the only way to be ensured that you'll get the latest and greatest OFFICIAL updates is to buy a phone FROM GOOGLE. What happened to freedom and open? Maybe it's impatience, but when Google says that MT/Pinch in native apps goes to N1 and can't for DROID because the "hardware can't handle it," I cry BS!

I'd like to suggest to you that updating your copy of Google Maps on your Droid would be a bit more productive than changing your search engine to Bing.

You may just find a little surprise...

Pinch-zoom working in Google Maps on your Motorola Droid.

Upvote 0
Interesting - no "update available" icon on my notification bar, but when I went to the Market it showed version 3.4 as an available update (I had 3.3.1). :thinking:

I never get a notification unless I haven't checked for updates in a while. Usually I check for updated apps two to three times a day so I get them before I get notified of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones