verizon's youtube upload limit

Last Updated:

1. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is anyone else a little pissed how we cant upload and high quality videos through their 3G while on the go if it is over 110kb or something around that size? my friend keeps bragging he can upload as much as he wants with his G1 on tmo, but since i go fishing alot i dont have wifi access at the lake, and id like to upload videos as i take them.

Advertisement
  2. Gilgamesh11

Gilgamesh11 Member

ya I was wondering why I could not upload either. It bothered me for a little while but since I live in the city, wifi hotspots are too prevalent to really affect me anymore so not too big a issue for me. if I want people to see something almost instantly then I just use Qik and live stream it.

3. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Yep... almost a dealbreaker for me. I've asked about this on multiple forums -- if it's the phone, Motorola, or Verizon that has the limits on this, but no one seems to know who or why. Probably won't do any good to know. Maybe there'll be a hack for that someday.

My old N95 can update dvd quality vids all day long -- doesn't even have to be wifi or 3G.

I saw that the IPhone just increased the size limitation on their uploads, unsure if that's relevant.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Droid, but when it comes to uploading vids over something other than wifi -- Droid doesn't. :(