Verizonwireless.com Activation Fee?General

Last Updated:

1. raelshark

raelshark New Member This Topic's Starter

I went to the site earlier to purchase my Incred and Eris for a new 2-year plan, but they're now charging activation fees for each phone ($35 and $25 respectively). There were no fees last two days I went on there to do pricing. Asked an online rep and she said they weren't "offering that discount today."

So I just went back and applied the $30 promo code and it took that amount off each phone, but the fee is still there (although other people have said they applied the code and had no fee). So that basically offsets the fee for me, but that doesn't really make me happy about not getting an actual discount.

Has anybody else been required to pay the activation fee today? I've read lots of comments about people specifically buying from the site to avoid the activation fee. Any ideas on whether there might be something specifically about my order that would require me to pay the fees?

Wondering how many days I should keep checking back.

Advertisement
  2. ccoager

ccoager Well-Known Member

I've been wondering about the activation fee myself. I think if you purchase the phone online during the local hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm with the promo code 'FREEOVERNT' you get free overnight shipping and free activation. I hope someone else could verify this.

3. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

I've been told on here...that anyone signing up for a New contract plan, will always have to pay an activation fee.

4. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

That ended yesterday sorry :(

5. Espy

Espy Member

When I ordered mine, it was on a Monday (the 19th), and it said in small print somewhere that there was no activation fee if you order on Fridays through Mondays... if I recall correctly. It also might have just been that weekend.

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I always thought that too.. but I could be totally wrong as I have been a VZW customer for quite a while, and have not been charged activation fees for my upgrades.

7. Droidmoney

Droidmoney Well-Known Member

new contracts yeah...upgrades no

8. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

It's SO moot guys.

It expired on the 26th for good.

9. raelshark

raelshark New Member This Topic's Starter

Blah. Well, thanks for the info everybody!

10. abrownz

abrownz New Member

I talked to a sales rep on the phone and the promo runs every Friday-Monday of Free Activation. If you mention it to them, almost all will waive the charge, but you have to do a phone order. Hope this helps.