Version 0003?

1. punch01

punch01 Member

Hello all,

Just ordered my replacement phone at Radio Shack due to some light leakage at the bottom. Is it safe to assume all the new phones coming in will be version 0003?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Could be, though I don't know what comfort you may find in the hardware version. There are many with HW003 reporting some of the same issues as HW002. Somewhere on here, there is an EVO user that emailed tech support at HTC and was told they were aware of the problems and working the issues but that running back to the store and getting a new phone may not solve anything as the phones in the pipeline are possibly afflicted with the same problems. There have been a few that have gotten new ones that are worse than what they returned....
  3. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

The safest bet to get an evo from the recent prodution run is on sprint.com. The retail stores may have older inventory that has the earlier build dates circulating in their systems.
  4. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

It's never safe to assume.
  5. Novoken

Novoken Well-Known Member

having 003 does not mean your evo will not have light leakage. I have a 003 that has light leakage.
  6. punch01

punch01 Member

so do you think it's better to live with the issue I have now because I might be worse off with the new phone?
  7. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Only you can answer that question. I have an 002 that has not had the lifting screen/light leaking issue yet. The grounding screen problem was just fixed moments ago with a software download. If the screen starts giving me hell, I'll be getting in touch with HTC and acting upon that 1 year warranty.
  8. punch01

punch01 Member

thanks for everyone's advice....
  9. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

X2
    Covert_Death likes this.
  10. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

I have not yet experience any problems with mines build#3.
  11. punch01

punch01 Member

my fingers will definitely be crossed when I go to pick up my new phone.....
  12. Kioshi

Kioshi Member

That's correct. I just checked my version and found it is an 003 with minimal light leakage on the bottom.
  13. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

the thanks is for the avatar...

buttttt as far as 002 and 003 go, the display on the 003 is deffiantly not as vibrant as 002 is. but i don't notice it any more, it is still a good display, just not AS good as 002. but i feel the hardware build is much more sound all around on 003. the screen has no leakage, no water got under when i put the protector on, the battery is better, the battery cover fits properly... just alot of small stuff that make me feel safe with this one