• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Version I am running?

How can you tell what version you are running?

When the new version comes and if it downloads in the middle of the night I want to know what version it is. I was told at the Verizon store that the new version will have voice for its Google maps telling you where to turn etc.

Thanks, Mike from snowy Wisconsin

When the new version comes and if it downloads in the middle of the night I want to know what version it is. I was told at the Verizon store that the new version will have voice for its Google maps telling you where to turn etc.

Menu -> Settings -> About -> Firmware Version

Reactions: wiscmike
Upvote 0

Yes, Sense 2.1 has Google Nav built in. You will have to download the voice pack for spoken directions though.

Upvote 0
Will the update take place automatically? Would you have to have the "network" on or is just having your phone on good enough?

I do use the network while away from my house but turn it off when I get home so I have no idea if they try to update my firmware if I will get it with the network turned off.

The OTA update would be considered data so, yes you would have to have 3G turned on to receive it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones