• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VERY annoying problem--capacitive button lights stay on while watching video

itsmrcuddles

Lurker
Oct 25, 2010
Hi all,

I just picked up a galaxy s2 (switched from captivate) last night and am annoyed already!! The capacitive button lights stay on any time video is playing, no matter the app! Netflix, Crunchyroll, Hulu+, the standard video player, etc. I have tried all of the menu timeout settings and nothing works, short of completely turning the lights off. Anyone else having this problem? Are there any fixes available?

Hi all,

I just picked up a galaxy s2 (switched from captivate) last night and am annoyed already!! The capacitive button lights stay on any time video is playing, no matter the app! Netflix, Crunchyroll, Hulu+, the standard video player, etc. I have tried all of the menu timeout settings and nothing works, short of completely turning the lights off. Anyone else having this problem? Are there any fixes available?

Noticed the same issue here. Anyone else not experiencing this problem?

Upvote 0
I use Hulu Plus and the Samsung Media Hub apps all the time to watch video and I don't experience this problem. As of right know under Settings > Display, my touch key light duration is at 6 seconds. I find that this is a pretty good duration when doing normal tasks, and of course eliminates the problem of the lights staying on during videos. Hope this solves the problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones