• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very High Battery Usage Help!

Hi,

Just last week I took the plunge and bought a Nexus S - Love it! It was only on 2.3.1 but I noticed the battery was not lasting.

I went to the shop where I bought it, just got told to come back after weekend as his Iphone uses a lot of battery 'give it a few more charges'... I felt a bit fobbed off, so I went looking round the internet came across updating the system manually.

It seemed easy, so I just took the plunge to upgrade to ICS straight away after a few people commented they had no issues with it.

It's now on ICS 4.0.3 - Again I really like it, but the battery is just not lasting! I'll give you a few battery stats.....

1. Android OS - 32% to as high as 38% (seems high)
  2. Screen - 29% ( its on lowest brightness setting)
  3. Android System - 9%
  4. Facebook - 10%
  5. WIFI - 4%
  6. Mobile standby - 4%
  7. Live wallpaper - 4%
  8. Hootsuite - 3%
  9. Media server - 3%
  10. Table tennis 3D - 2%
Currently after 6 hours and 23 minutes it's on 47% - discharging

I have made 0 Calls today, sent a few texts, browsed a little on the internet, played a bit of a table tennis game.... I don't think it warrants that battery usage.

Something is killing the battery.

Could someone please offer some advice?

Also it takes an age to charge up... is it a possible battery issue?
Apologies if something similar has been posted, I have browsed many a forum !

The official ICS update that came out kills the CPU [high usage] and sucks your batt dry !!!
It's a NO GO for now ,you will just have to wait for a update ,talk to the boys at the service to downgrade it to 2.3.x or go ROOT on his ass !

I have a custom ICS 4.0.3 version [CyanogenMod] and i've got Android OS @ 14% & Android system @ 9% after 1d-11h-39min ...and it's still in Alpha biuld ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones