Very large e-mail boxesSupport

1. Steavis

Steavis New Member

I got my X on Monday, and am experiencing an issue that I haven't been able to find a solution for (after searching here and on Google).

I have 4 e-mail addresses in the stock messaging application: Exchange, gmail, and two hosted gmail accounts. My two hosted gmail accounts are very large: one has ~9900 messages and the other ~4500. (Yes, I'm a digital pack-rat. These are work and personal e-mails going back to 1994.)

I am not using the gmail app, just the one with the universal inbox (Motorola's?).

Here's my problem: The two hosted gmail accounts synced 500 messages and stopped. I tried both imap and pop sync, turning push on and off, but they aren't receiving my newest messages. Occasionally a few more will trickle in if I click the refresh icon (3-6 at a time) but the newest messages in those two inboxes are still several years old.

The Exchange and primary gmail have synced correctly, and I am receiving new messages on those accounts.

I don't really care to have every e-mail in my universal inbox. That's what gmail search is for. Is there a way to make the stock app only request the most recent e-mails?

Advertisement
  2. Steavis

Steavis New Member

Solved it.

After messing around with it, imap is definitely the way to go.

I'm not sure if it was because I switched those two accounts to imap when they were originally set up for pop or what. Deleting the accounts completely and re-adding them as imap caused them to resync the most recent messages first (instead of starting with the oldest 500).

So if you've got big gmail boxes, don't use pop with the native messaging app.