• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very Low Signal!!

CuBz

Android Expert
Sep 21, 2010
UK
www.amafialife.com
I moved home on Tuesday, and discovered that I get very low or even no signal in my apartment. I was wondering if there was any way to improve signal in my apartment?

I have heard about signal repeaters, but they're too expensive. I did download an app from the market called 'Signal Booster' but it doesn't seem to help.

This could possibly be an impossible question to answer with the options I have, but does anyone have any idea how I can improve my signal?

Thanks

P.S. I have to put my phone in a certain area of the window ledge, and use Barnacle WIFI tether to get online. I get a HSDPA signal there.

Signal degradation can often be traced to a number of things... tower location, building materials in the house, electrical in the walls, those types of things.. sadly there's really nothing you can DO about these things.

I can't think of a way to boost a signal without a repeater. This is because the problem isn't with your hardware. There's nothing wrong with the hardware therefor any program you install is going to flop. The problem is somewhere in the building or in your location.

Sorry to hear.

Two apartments ago we had to hang out a window to get any signal.. then we moved literally three floors up and we had perfect signal. Then we moved to a completely new unit and city and we also have no issues here. It honestly just depends.

Upvote 0
Signal degradation can often be traced to a number of things... tower location, building materials in the house, electrical in the walls, those types of things.. sadly there's really nothing you can DO about these things.

I can't think of a way to boost a signal without a repeater. This is because the problem isn't with your hardware. There's nothing wrong with the hardware therefor any program you install is going to flop. The problem is somewhere in the building or in your location.

Sorry to hear.

Two apartments ago we had to hang out a window to get any signal.. then we moved literally three floors up and we had perfect signal. Then we moved to a completely new unit and city and we also have no issues here. It honestly just depends.

I thought as much, I just thought I may as well ask anyway lol

Upvote 0
My signal is pretty bad after the update , all i did was Setting>Wireless and Networks>Mobile networks>Network mode> GSM only.
After i did that my signal went to 1 to 5 bars :)
Cheers!

That's an option, but I use my phone for mobile broadband until I get home broadband, and GSM only is not good for mobile broadband

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones