...Very new to Android...

Last Updated:

1. stormz 1

stormz 1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey whats up community. like the title says, i am very new to android. I always new what android was ever since the G1, but have never gotten my hands on a phone with enough time to really find out what it was all about. Now, i was a first generation iphone owner, which is why i didn't have any interest in android or the G1 when it first arrived. My old iphone, (silverback gorilla), was a great phone that lasted till the end, about 3 months ago, working almost as perfect as when i first got it. I bought an unlocked iphone for about 500$ around the time it first came out, unlocked for tmo. i' was with tmo for almost 3 years.
    Now, a couple of months back my i dropped my iphone and cracked the screen. i tried to get it fixed, but since it was an old phone, it would cost me about 150$ to fix. So, as any other iphone user would do, i looked to replace it with another iphone immediately. unfortunately, i could not find one cheap enuff for my budget, and lets face it, any iphone i could've gotten wouldn't have ran any faster on tmo then the one i already had, because the 3g networks are incompatible. So, being caught with my back against the wall, and needing a phone basly, i looked at sum tmo phones. I fell in love the HD2's screen, blockbuster ondemand, and ofcourse, transformers 1 and 2! i bought this phone, and was excited and happy until about a month later the novelty wore out and i realized the phone was a piece of junk, software was so bad i practically needed a digital compass just to navigate and find my own settings! greatly dissapointed.
    So i jumped back in the market for a new iphone. i was pissed off that i cheated on my beloved iOS, and i wanted her back. but the iphone was simply too small. i had gotten used to the screen size of the HD2. i was spoiled and unhappy. Never thought in a million years i would doubt the iphone's ability to be my top choice.

I WALKED INTO A SPRINT STORE AND EVERYTHIGN CAHNGED. I SAW MY HD2 AT SPRINT. THE SAME EXACT PHONE, ONLY, IT WAS CALLED, THE EVO!!!!! AND IT RAN ANDROID. I WAS ANXIOUS TO TRY ANDROID BECAUSE I HEARD IT WAS THE SECOND RUNNER UP TO iOS. I BOUGHT MY PHONE A WEEK AGO. I LOVE ANDROID SO FAR, AND OHH MAN I LOVE THIS PHONE. GREATEST ELECTRONIC PURCHASE SINCE I BOUGHT MY ORIGINAL IPHONE, AND I MUST SAY, I AM GLAD TO SAY I WILL NOT BE LOOKING BACK. NO MORE HANDCUFFS AND JUMPING THRU THE ITUNES HOOPS JUST TO GET MEDIA ON THE DAMN DEVICE. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I FEEL LIKE THE PHONE I JUST BOUGHT IS REALLY MINE! PERSONALLY, MINE!!

i'M SORRY I DIDN'T SEE THE LIGHT SOONER. nO HARD FEELINGS TO APPLE THO, IPHONE IS GREAT AND IOS IS WONDERFUL. BUT THE FREEDOM OF THIS DEVICE I HAVE NOW IS PRICELESS.

ALL HAIL THE EVO 4G RUNNING ANDROID 2.2!

***SOME TIPS ABOUT BATTERY LIFE AND ABOUT ANDROID IN GENERAL WOULD BE HELPFUL, THANX!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member