Very new to hero got questions,

1. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

How do I delete twitter and flicker and get the peep icons gone and remove bookmark links from bookmark widget.

Any help appreciated and thank you in advance..

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Twitter, Flicker and Peep are stock Apps I beleive so cannot be removed.

To remove links from bookmark widget go to: browser>menu>bookmarks> then long press the link you want to delete and you will then get the option to do so...this will delete the bookmark from the widget as well. You cannot delete from the widget.
  3. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

If you want to just remove them from your home screen, simply hold down your finger on the widget and it will start to move, drag it to the bin at the bottom of the screen
  4. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

You can remove stock apps, but it involves a bit of command line.

Firstly, you need to root your phone - many guides on the forum - it's easy.

Secondly you need SuperUser Permissions - this comes with MoDaCo 3.1 ROM - I'm pretty sure you need a custom ROM to do this - again search the forum, but this is only about 10 minutes to do.

Thirdly, you need a terminal emulator - search the market - I'm using Better Terminal Emulator

Fourth, follow this guide (watch it first as he corrects a mistake early on) App removal video

Fifth, have a faster, snappier phone with longer battery life and less stuff you don't want :) :) :)
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Just so you know, rooting the phone just so you can totally remove twitter and flickr will void your warrenty.
  6. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

Good point.
    Forum article here

I should probably add all the normal caveats. If anything goes wrong, it's your problem.

I have to say though that the main draw for me with Android is that you can do this sort of stuff. Otherwise I might as well buy an iPhone.:eek:
  7. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

- appreciate the answers sounds like ill leave them alone. Sorry bout the double post I discovered the hero forum after I already posted in general section. Thanks.