• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very noobish theme question...

Phantogenic

Android Enthusiast
May 16, 2011
Rotorua, New Zealand
I've recently upgraded to an HTC Sensation, and I've already customised it. However I'm already tired of the Sense 3.5.

My question is with those of you running these Miui themes are they actual miui roms? or just go/adw launcher themes made to look like it?

I've googled the miui rom and like the look but am reluctant to flash in case I'm well out of my league.

Or do i just go with the launcher idea?

The ADW route is certainly easier, but you won't get all of the nice little goodies that would accompany a MIUI themed ROM.

I personally prefer to stick to stock Android ROMs (rooted with a custom kernel of course), so I can't really say what all you'd be missing out on with ADW rather than an actual MIUI ROM; however, considering that you've already gone as far as rooting, flashing a custom ROM isn't a very big step further.

I'm not a Sensation owner, so I don't know exactly what the rooting procedure is, but I'm assuming you've already flashed a custom recovery image. The only step after that for flashing a custom ROM is downloading said ROM and using the custom recovery mode to install it (you'll likely want to do a nandroid backup first of course). All of the hard stuff, like ADB'ing into Fastboot and whatnot is already done.

Reactions: Phantogenic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones