VERY Odd Screen IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. stuckey1981

stuckey1981 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello...I have never used a forum before so forgive any infractions please. I have a very odd screen issue on my Moment. All the buttons on the front (with slider closed) light up. All seem to work. When I go to unlock the phone (press end key then slide lock bar over from left to right) I can feel the small vibrate associated with the unlock. However the screen never lights up. So...touchscreen function works great, but cant see what im clicking. Any help?

Advertisement
  2. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Well-Known Member

sounds like the screen is broken, or at least the contact to the screen is. Needs repair or replacement.

stuckey1981 likes this.
  3. ydoucare

ydoucare Active Member

Stupid question, but have you rebooted/power cycled the phone?

stuckey1981 likes this.
  4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

As already mentioned, it's probably a fatal hardware problem. The phone should still be under warranty, so a rip to the local Sprint repair center should be relatively painless. The usual recommendation would be to reset the phone, but that would be difficult/impossible without a baclight. If you want to be sure it's not some bizzare software issue, can you put the phone into flash mode (pull and replace battery then hold vol down, power and camera buttons)? If the screen lights up, you might be able to flash it with the updater and fix the problem. Personally, I would get the phone swapped out. Good luck!

stuckey1981 likes this.
  5. stuckey1981

stuckey1981 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you to all!!! I have tried to reset in many different ways (volume down/end/camera) also (end/talk/optical) and still no luck with a screen lighting up. On the bright side...I was able to get a new phone for free (I bought mine the day they came out...so maybe 9 months ago to a year). It was a very difficult conversation with many Sprint Service Reps, but they finally gave me a brand new phone! I consider it a win!!! Haha! I guess I have a very expensive extra battery charger now...Again...thanks to all for your insightful and helpful tips, suggestions, and advice.