• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VERY poor audio quality

joetiger

Lurker
Nov 5, 2010
Hello,

I've had a Zio for about a week and love it except for the music audio quality, which is weak, tinny, and sounds like an old radio through headphones.

I thought an EQ would help so I downloaded the free MixZing app and played a song through it...Sounded GREAT.

I then downloaded the full MixZing app. Played a song, and now it's back to sounding horrible. It sounds horrible with Pandora as well.

Is there a setting that I can change? Is it using phone call audio quality when it should be using a music setting?

I can't figure it out and don't want to go back to my Ipod!

Thanks
Joe

Update:

All headphones I've tried have sounded horrible (several different brands ranging in quality from $5 to $100) EXCEPT the headphones from my Ipod Nano that have the controls on them.

The controls obviously don't work, but something about these headphones make the audio sound as it should.

I have no idea why.

Cheers,
Joe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones