• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VERY poor battery life after update.

macca81

Sep 28, 2010
Hey all, last week I installed the ota update for 4.2.2 and sense 5 from telstra. Few minor annoyances, but one major one being the battery life. I normally leave home at 630am and get home around 4pm, during which time my battery would be at 70-75%. Since the update, it has been CONSIDERABLEY worse. It is now 1150am and with below average use for me, the phone is at 41%! Tried using it as per normal, tried using juice defender, tried turning off wifi and data and still the battery just plummets! Any assistance on this would be fantastic!

It's entirely possible that there's some leftover cache or data file from before your update that is chipping away at your battery life. I assume you didn't do a factory reset after you updated? This thread talks about the benefits and reasons that many do factory resets after every major update. If you (understandably) don't want to do a factory reset, so that we can help try and figure out what is causing the issue, can you install something like GSAM battery monitor to try and track down what is using up so much of your battery?

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones