• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very slow download speeds

Topshelf

Feb 27, 2010
Guys, is there any reason that download speeds over my Wifi are soooo slow? I'm downloading a 150MB file from usenet and it's going to take about 20 minutes. Same file from this pc over the same Wifi takes under 2 minutes. I'm not looking for the exact same speed (though it would be awesome), but something more reasonable would be nice. Could it be the SD card is too slow in write performance? Just wondering if this is an issue with the phone, or a simple SD card upgrade.

Guys, is there any reason that download speeds over my Wifi are soooo slow? I'm downloading a 150MB file from usenet and it's going to take about 20 minutes. Same file from this pc over the same Wifi takes under 2 minutes. I'm not looking for the exact same speed (though it would be awesome), but something more reasonable would be nice. Could it be the SD card is too slow in write performance? Just wondering if this is an issue with the phone, or a simple SD card upgrade.

try downloading it directly to the internal storage and see if it makes a difference.

Upvote 0
OK, found out how to change to location to Phone storage instead of SD Card. Downloading the same file now and it's definitely quicker. Still not close to laptop speed, but a huge improvement. So it looks like I need to pick up a quicker SD Card unless btunes starts reading internal memory at some point.

Thanks for the tip.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones